2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love My Camry
By Holly on 05/04/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have had my Camry for 10 years and have loved it. It has needed minimal repairs: new brake pads after 5 yrs, new battery after 10 years and a couple mufflers. It is fun and extremely comfortable to drive, and in fact is the only vehicle seat that doesn't aggravate my back condition. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Love My V6 XLE
By ShaAnn on 04/30/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my car use with 32,000 miles. It now has 107,000 and no problems at all. One spark plug change and front brakes, use Mobil 1 oil every 6 thousand miles. Love the car, the leather, stereo, rims, and moon-roof. Nothing like it. My 96 Mustang blew head gaskets at 100,000 just after the warranty was up. I will keep my Camry, thank you.

Reliable car for work
By quin on 04/07/10 00:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 and has use for 154,000 miles till today. Had it maintenance with oil service ( 4 quarts of SAE 5W30 oil preferred for Toyota 1MZ-FE engine good for fuel economy and good starting in cold weather) with oil filter changed @ 4,ooo miles as recommended by the manufacture or penzoil synthetic oil $20(Kmart) @6,000 miles. Had my coolant flush at about @50,000 miles with 1 gallon of antifreeze coolant $18 at toyota dealer. Had my 1 gallon DextronII transmission fluid $10 done @50,000 miles. Front Brake pad ($40pad+ $40labor)change @40,000miles and Back brake pad change@ 70,000miles. Battery change @6years. Windshield wiper change @5years. Tires change@40,000miles.

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By lvrebel85 on 03/28/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been with me almost six years and it's been a good run. This was my college car so it probably got quite a bit more abuse than most, especially in the Nevada desert with 115+ degree days. I love the reliability and with regular maintenance still runs like new at 140k. It's at the age where more problems pop up (bad cam/crank seals, timing belt, transmission, pwr window regulator, brakes brakes brakes) but I think any car would do the same. fuel econ worsens with the age of the car too. They don't make camrys like this anymore or else I'd buy a 2010 - shame. My next purchase will be a '10 Ford Fusion; hopefully it will be as good to me as my camry.

Loyal Toyota Owner
By Linda on 03/19/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

My Toyota Camry has required absolutely no repairs, other than regular maintenance, until now at nearly 170,000. How many other car manufacturers can boast that type of reliability. The transmission finally went out. I replaced it with a wrecked model's low mileage transmission and she's running like new again. Engine light has been on for nearly 6 years now without any problems. Looking forward to driving her until she reaches 300,000 miles. Then I'll be buying another Toyota Camry!

10 years old and still running strong...
By Ben on 03/09/10 04:23 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I've been having my 2000 Camry since 2005, before that my aunt owned it. she had regularly scheduled maintenance ever 3,000 mi as have I with minimal maintenance. It's easy to work on and drives smoothly @ 148,000 mi. Added short ram to it and have only changed out the radiator plugs and wires, and replaced gasket seals on the valve head and oil pan and door handles. other than that its an Awesome responsive ride.

Transmision
By T.K. on 01/10/10 21:53 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used in 2004 because of it's reputation. It's been very reliable, only wearable parts needed to be replaced. Although when I first got it, I was spending a small fortune trying to keep the check engine off, just learned to live with it (they really need to fix their sensors). For 5 years it has been a good daily commuter, until last week when the transmission went out, which will cost $3000 to replace. It's a lot of money for a car with 135K. I was planing on driving this car for at least another 50K, most cars now a days will run at least 150K.

Piece of Toyota Junk
By J on 01/08/10 12:13 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is the worst piece of junk I've ever owned...and I had an '87 Ford Escort. The check engine light is on every other week, the car began burning oil at 40K miles (after regularly changing the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles). The car has also had a leftward pull while driving since day one. The Toyota dealers I contacted all state that this is normal! Check the internet and you'll see numerous complaints about the same leftward pull. Add to this the fact that the car is severely underpowered and handles like a go cart. What a waste. To call it a piece of junk assumes that the car has a purpose and is an insult to junk everywhere!

Great Car!
By suzie on 12/14/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Camry new and it now has 110,000 miles and is still driving great! I do all the routine maintenance on it, regular oil changes, had the timing belt changed before it went out... as precaution. This particular Camry must have been well built. The only trouble I had was the battery went dead and I had to replace it. I'm looking for a new vehicle but can't hardly bring myself to buy one! I won't get rid of my Camry no matter if I buy a new car!

Average Car
By W.G.B on 12/05/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned three Camry's in the past and have found most to be great cars. The 2000 Camry has been a disappointment because it started to have different maintenance issue. It started with rear-end noises that were hard to diagnose. It turned out to be a rear barring. Then I had the the shocks replaced front and back which started several noises first rear which turned-out to be bad shocks. Then the front noises started which still are not resolved. Many parts may be the problem say the mechanics. The parts are expensive of course