2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good basic transportation
By jcd on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My Camry LE, 4 cylinder is driven primarily in town with an occasional road trip thrown in. The car runs without a hitch and gets great gas mileage. I average 20 mpg (city) while highway averages 32 mpg. The powertrain warranty is 5 year/60K miles. It's not an exciting car to drive, but I didn't buy it for "fun" factor. The ergonomics of the dash are great, I can reach for anything without even looking for it. The car seats four comfortably, I've never had five people in it. The trunk is accommodating and can be extended into the backseat. Because of Camry's reliability (I drove my '93 LE, 4 cylinder 183,000 miles!), I'm sure I'll have this car for a VERY long time.

Very Reliable
By Phillip Mcguire on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought a 2000 LE in 2 July of last year. No complaints. Very smooth, comforatble ride.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By bob Hackett on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

The Camry is a very reliable car. I find it to be extrememly comfortable vehicle for weekend trips to the shore. It's has plenty of room for a family of five.

Great Car
By untgrad2000 on 03/14/02 11:50 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry from my mom. I am 25 and I do not have a family or need for a big sedan but this car is great. It is the best car I have ever had and it is used. I have 27000 plus thousand miles and no major problems. All my cars until now were new and still the quality is competition for the Camry. The V-6 has enough power for passing on the highway. The leather seats are alittle boring. I prefer the seats that are sport shaped, they make me feel more secure when turning.

gave up power for economy
By Terri Koopai on 03/11/02 21:58 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

only would have the clock lit when engine off, and map lights in front seat, and leave interior light on for a few seconds after doors are closed

A reliable car
By SA on 03/03/02 02:10 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

i've had this 2000 Camry LE 4 cyl, for about 19 months. So far, it has served me faithfully without any problems (22,000 mi). It is a very easy car to drive and live with, but can get boring sometimes due to lack of character. I drove it to Florida from New York, and back, and it performed exceptionally well. However, the car does feel underpowered at times (135 HP), especially during passing on the highway. Note: this is not the car for someone who likes to drive hard.

Excellent Car
By rsturm1005 on 03/01/02 12:12 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car has performed very well. We've had almost no problems with it. The interior and controls are outstanding for this price range. Without a doubt I would buy it again.