Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great!
By Saujoe3k

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, smooth and quiet ride! Comfortable for long trips, and everyday commute!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Alloys, Standard Wood Trim?

Camry XLE
By loveit

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first Toyota and I love it. V6 has good pick up and power. XLE model has all the options to make it comfortable and fun to drive. Bought it used but it was a Toyota certified vehicle. Haven't had any mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

V6, like the power for driving in Atlanta traffic. The stereo and sunroof are my favorite luxurys.

Suggested Improvements

More head room. Fits me perfect but tall male friends are uncomfortable in the front seats.

Not new, but felt new.
By TVWaugh

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought mine used, but the ride and handling felt like it was a new car. It accellerates fairly well against other V6's on the rode that are newer. Sharing similar interior and exterior features as the Lexus 300, I feel as if I have a Lexus without the Lexus name. I would recommend a Toyota Camry to anyone who asks.

Favorite Features

The exterior and interior shape, the leather seats, the 6-cd changer, a full spare, and the automatic front headlight dimmers

Suggested Improvements

A better suspension package, optional wood finish not fake wood, Onstar as an option, 8 speaker sound system, dual climate control as an option, improved warrenty offer, and better gas mileage

toyota quality
By johnp

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Great car, bought it used with 8000 now have 67000 miles on it. Only problem we have is the CD player died and the throttle plate sticks which I need to clean (maintenance issue), solid, solid car

Favorite Features

high quality, love the front seats, good back support

Thanks Toyota!
By Shoman32

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My Camry has been great! It's extremely quiet, comfortable ride, handles well, but not harsh; Accord is too stiff for me...I take long trips. Initially I was concerned with power, having previously owned an SHO Taurus and a 3.8 Litre Sable, but the little four gets the job done, with no sense of being underpowered. It will run as fast as you want on the E-way, my usual is around 80 mph, and NEVER have a problem keeping it their...it'll slide up to 90 if you don't watch it...and still gets 30-31 miles per gallon! With 74,000 miles I've done nothing but routine maintenance, one change of brake pads about 50,000 miles. My one complaint is with the seats, (front) which aren't cushy enough.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, gas mileage...also like quality of assembly, and paint work.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more comfortable seats, perhaps a little more wheel well insulation, but then I use Toyo tires with a very high wear rating(hard rubber) which may be noisty. A little more power wouldn't hurt, but not essential.