2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Excellent!
By Pat_Camry on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have a '91' camry and it is at 302,000 and still running great. My other car is a 2000 camry and I'm hoping that it will treat me the same as the '91'!! A great car to count on!!

The most reliable car ever owned
By Nam Nguyen on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Just pour gas and run. Not a single mechanical problem.

unhappy
By unhappy2 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is certified new vehicle with 34000 miles, car is burning oil, transmission does not change properly when AC is on. Tires and brakes had to be replaced. Dealer told me that Camry's burn 1 quart of oil every 1500 miles!! Refused to fix trans, said no problem. This is because car is under original warranty. I won't buy another one, that's for sure.

Wrong choice.
By iyt2000 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I lease the car for 2 and a half years. Got it new and the very first day it broke down on me. They replaced back suspension unit, cutting down the wire on my speaker (putting me in we did not do it situation). Tried to declare it as a lemon, no such luck. Ever since then it is a very unpleasant experience. Customer service is good only when it comes to change the oil. Refuse any responsibility when it comes to something serious. They turn you down smiling. Very noisy, troublegiving car; does not feel safe at all. 5000 miles ago replaced both front struts. MPG is exaggeration; was never able to make as much as they promise.

greta car
By MT on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

i had my camry for 2 years and I love this car. The comfort inside this car is incroyable and the engine's smootheness will blow you. Even though I had to replace my brakes at 12k and the tires at 25k i still love this car.

My Camry
By Stephanie Benavidez on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I leased my 2000 with the full intention of keeping it for only the duration of the lease. I'll be keeping it at the end of my lease in October. I love the car.

Ilove my Toyota
By littlewalty on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I just love "My Toyota Camary" I feel safe in my car, the ride is smooth and comfortable. The sound system is wonderful.

Best in it's class
By jekir on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is simply the best mid size 4 door car for the money. I travel alot and get approx. 30 mpg w. a 6 cyl. Seats aren't very comfortable but car handles great w/ a smooth ride. No problems except original tires wore out quickly and local Dallas dealership was a jerk. Won't buy from them again.

Body shaping
By dealer on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice to drive, excellent engine and really impressive interior design.

Car Rating
By Sandra Gums on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

The Toyota Camry is a very nice and is a very reliable to drive. The gas consumation is good. I only wish that the interior came standard with more comfortable seats (Lumbar etc.), also when you adjust the seat (manuel) the seats don't rise very far so I have to use a pillow so I can see over the steering wheel. Other than that the car is excellent.