Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

WOW!! What a car !
By R. Eubank

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought our 2000 Camry in late 06 on the Toyota name alone. This car is very fun to drive and my wife and I know, with proper maintenace, that this car has another 150,000 miles to go with no problem. We both have had Toyotas in the past and they have not disappointed. Our 2000 Camry has the 4 cyl. engine, would've liked the 6 but none were available at the time we needed the car. Yet to my surprise, the 4 cyl. is more than I thought.... VERY strong !! Great car and would do it all over again today if we had to. Enjoy the ride.

The ride, very smooth.

Just a little more head room for the driver. I'm 6'2" and fit in the cabin well but I would like another inch or two for when I spike my hair. =:-)

Unbelievable reliability
By bgarraty

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Great compromise between price, fuel economy. reliability, comfort and safety. 160,000 miles so far and only routine maintenance except for a broken door handle.

Reliability and fuel economy. Good AM/FM/CD/Cassette sound system.

The only feature the CE lacks that I miss is cruise. Could inprove the strength of the door handles (apparently a common problem) and need to protect rear speakers from junk in the trunk.

My Toyota
By jack stratford

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

About two years before retirement I decided to buy a new car and have it paid off before I retired. I had previously owned three Toyotas so I was sold on reliability. Still, I researched the reliability of all cars for about two months, and found the Camry to be the champ. I took another month to select a dealer and options. I finally came up with the "perfect auto". I have just the options I want, and have driven it for six years and four months with no, I repeat, NO problems. I still love my car, my wife doesn't want me to replace it. I don't know that I will, except for another Camry of my choosing.

Comfort of the drivers position. Solid feeling. Peace of mind, I will get to where I'm going. Alloy wheels. Sound system. Finish has remained new.

The only improvement I would suggest would be to de-sensitize the steering just a little. It took me a while to learn not to make excessive corrections on the highway.

Our 2nd Camry is still a winner.
By highmelocity

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Terrific, reliable car. We first had a 1990 Camry V6LE, which was sweet beyond reason, so when it came time to trade up, we bought a 2000 Camry CE (budget was a bit tight!). It's still the reliable, top-of-the-line, quality car we know & expect. It's not quite as sporty as our '90 was, and is definitely frumpier, but it still performs like a Toyota should. We also really wondered how it would be to drive a 4-cyl after having had the V6. No worries! We've taken her on several road trips, over mountains/passes, highways, you name it, and she delivers kick when you need it. Plenty of energy and decent gas mileage, to boot. Child safety seats work in this car, but are _difficult_ to install.

Like the window-lock and rear passenger child-safety lock features (we have two small children). Adjustable height seat belt anchors are helpful for us shorties. Can close power windows for 20-30 seconds _after_ you take the key out. Good gas mileage (thank goodness!).

Style is too frumpy, and the seats could be a tad more comfortable. But I'm being pretty picky. Really dislike the stereo's volume control--it's _not_ analog. The rear/trunk could be lower-profile. The view of what's behind you (when backing up) is less than what it used to be, so it's not as safe.

2000 Camry love it
By David Carrier

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Love my 2000 Camry.You raise the hood to check the fluids, you close the hood... because it needs nothing but usual oil changes,etc. Although i have had to put on brakes on him a couple of times (70k miles). That's the only thing, really are the brakes. Other then that ... love that car. Got my dad away from Cadillac after he saw the way my Camry wasn't in the shop!! dave

Brakes