Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best Car I'll Ever Own!
By Native49

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in Feb 2005 with 55k miles. It now has close to 103k, and runs the same as it did with 55k. I've done nothing to it but oil changes and routine maintenance. It may have a 2.2liter 4cyl and 135hp, but I'm almost always the first one out of the gate when the light turns green, and I pass easily on the freeway, even when going up a 9% grade that lasts for 10 miles. I don't drive hard, either. I rarely go above 3000rpm, and never over 3500 (max hp is reached @5200). I've taken it on two different road trips which were 2/3 highway driving and 1/3 city, and overall gas mileage was 32mpg. I will keep this car and see how many miles I can put on it before it needs repairs.

GAS MILEAGE, moonroof, very smooth and quiet, power adjusting driver's seat, auto on/off headlights, I can't lock the car if my keys are in the switch, and if you go to lock the doors and one of them isn't quite shut, it beeps to let you know!

5.2 inches of ground clearance is too low!

Great, safe economical reliable car
By K

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 2000 toyota camry LE with 50,000 miles, certified. Now, I have just under 75,000 on it. Still has a great ride, performance, and handling. The 4 cyl engine gets well over 30 mpg highway, and has nice power. I like the standard power features, including the power seat. NEVER any problems with the car!!

CD player, with great sound, nice ride, temperature, and direction gauges, fuel economy, rear spoiler, peppy engine. If you can find a used Camry like mine, dont hesitate to buy one, PERFECT reliable car for you or your family.

The road noise is a little loud, but quiets down after a little while. Other than that, no major issues, or problems I can think of.

WOW!! What a car !
By R. Eubank

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought our 2000 Camry in late 06 on the Toyota name alone. This car is very fun to drive and my wife and I know, with proper maintenace, that this car has another 150,000 miles to go with no problem. We both have had Toyotas in the past and they have not disappointed. Our 2000 Camry has the 4 cyl. engine, would've liked the 6 but none were available at the time we needed the car. Yet to my surprise, the 4 cyl. is more than I thought.... VERY strong !! Great car and would do it all over again today if we had to. Enjoy the ride.

The ride, very smooth.

Just a little more head room for the driver. I'm 6'2" and fit in the cabin well but I would like another inch or two for when I spike my hair. =:-)

Unbelievable reliability
By bgarraty

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Great compromise between price, fuel economy. reliability, comfort and safety. 160,000 miles so far and only routine maintenance except for a broken door handle.

Reliability and fuel economy. Good AM/FM/CD/Cassette sound system.

The only feature the CE lacks that I miss is cruise. Could inprove the strength of the door handles (apparently a common problem) and need to protect rear speakers from junk in the trunk.

My Toyota
By jack stratford

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

About two years before retirement I decided to buy a new car and have it paid off before I retired. I had previously owned three Toyotas so I was sold on reliability. Still, I researched the reliability of all cars for about two months, and found the Camry to be the champ. I took another month to select a dealer and options. I finally came up with the "perfect auto". I have just the options I want, and have driven it for six years and four months with no, I repeat, NO problems. I still love my car, my wife doesn't want me to replace it. I don't know that I will, except for another Camry of my choosing.

Comfort of the drivers position. Solid feeling. Peace of mind, I will get to where I'm going. Alloy wheels. Sound system. Finish has remained new.

The only improvement I would suggest would be to de-sensitize the steering just a little. It took me a while to learn not to make excessive corrections on the highway.