Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Our 2nd Camry is still a winner.
By highmelocity

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Terrific, reliable car. We first had a 1990 Camry V6LE, which was sweet beyond reason, so when it came time to trade up, we bought a 2000 Camry CE (budget was a bit tight!). It's still the reliable, top-of-the-line, quality car we know & expect. It's not quite as sporty as our '90 was, and is definitely frumpier, but it still performs like a Toyota should. We also really wondered how it would be to drive a 4-cyl after having had the V6. No worries! We've taken her on several road trips, over mountains/passes, highways, you name it, and she delivers kick when you need it. Plenty of energy and decent gas mileage, to boot. Child safety seats work in this car, but are _difficult_ to install.

Favorite Features

Like the window-lock and rear passenger child-safety lock features (we have two small children). Adjustable height seat belt anchors are helpful for us shorties. Can close power windows for 20-30 seconds _after_ you take the key out. Good gas mileage (thank goodness!).

Suggested Improvements

Style is too frumpy, and the seats could be a tad more comfortable. But I'm being pretty picky. Really dislike the stereo's volume control--it's _not_ analog. The rear/trunk could be lower-profile. The view of what's behind you (when backing up) is less than what it used to be, so it's not as safe.

2000 Camry love it
By David Carrier

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Love my 2000 Camry.You raise the hood to check the fluids, you close the hood... because it needs nothing but usual oil changes,etc. Although i have had to put on brakes on him a couple of times (70k miles). That's the only thing, really are the brakes. Other then that ... love that car. Got my dad away from Cadillac after he saw the way my Camry wasn't in the shop!! dave

Suggested Improvements

Brakes

Best car to walk the earth!
By TexBoyMike

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car ever. I've not taken one step to keep it alive, yet it sustains its own life. I've bent it, dented it, skidded into ditches into, lost my left mirror twice, the right one one, I've hurt curbs, driven on the beach, gotten stuck in mud . . . . . NEED I go on? Anyway, through the past 5 years, I have racked up well over 137,000 miles on it, and it still functions as it did day one. =)

Favorite Features

the accessibility of all the electronic devices for when you need to replace items and fix things.

Suggested Improvements

Sun roof?

Camry V6 LE
By rs

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new 6 years ago because I loved the lexus ES300 but did not want to pay $35k. Has the same engine and transmission which has been a pleasure to drive. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and very smooth shifts. Every time I drive a rental car, I can't wait to get back in my Camry. The original General tires were garbage. Try a set of Dunlop Sport tires for much better handling and wear. 89k miles now and never, ever a problem. All I do change the oil and do very little scheduled maintenance. Other than some wear on the steering wheel, still runs and looks like brand new. Had an Accord which I drove for 100k miles but this car has been even more reliable.

Favorite Features

Engine, Transmission, auto headlamps, good sized trunk. Toyota Quality can not be beat.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best car for the money by far!
By BigJake

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned 158 cars over the past 14 years. I am an expert on honda, toyota, and nissans. I originally bought a '99 camry and I ended up giving it to my mother. She now has 210K on it and it still drives just like mine with 70K. Through all my experience I have decided that the 2000-2001 toyota camry is the best car for your money. The styling is a bit plain-jane shall we say, but after you've driven one for awhile you get attached because it just feels so damn reliable. These cars are extremely quiet and their road manners have a peaceful, serene feeling like no other car I've owned. If the timing belt breaks, it won't harm the engine. I'm in love with these cars.

Favorite Features

Reliablility, comfort, quiet cabin, transmission shifting, radio has a crisp, clear sound, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Interior styling