2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great Family Sedan
By Oliver25 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Our second Camry. 1st one went over 160K before we sold it. This one is a fine example of the top engineering and materials that Toyota puts into their cars. Don't be tempted by those low priced GM cars. You get what you pay for.

I love my car
By klammca on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Camry is a great car. It looks nice without costing a bundle, rarely gets "sick," has quick handling for a family sedan, is comfortable and stylish, and has an attractive dashboard setup. It looks good on both men and women. The ride is smooth, not choppy like some Japanese cars, and the visibility is good. I also like the spacious trunk.

bob's review
By joe mamma on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

it is great!I love my Camry. I won't buy another make of car ever again!

EXCELLENT CAR!!!!
By CamryFan2 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Camry LE V-6 is a great car! Like most Toyotas, it's extremely reliable. The V-6 and automatic deliver lots of quiet, smooth power, and the car has a very comfortable and quiet ride. Seating comfort is tops front and rear. It is one of the very few import-branded cars I'm really fond of (would normally buy an American-branded model like the Chevy Impala) and definitely far superior to any other import branded mid-sized family model other than the also-excellent Honda Accord.

TRUST ME... THIS CAR IS AWESOME!
By ToyotaChic on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought the 00 Camry a few years ago, and it hasn't EVER given me problems. The breaks get loose once in a blue moon, but ONLY when you abuse them. The camry is so much fun to drive, its safe, practicle, isn't a gas guzzler (which is GREAT to know now w/high gas prices) and its just AWESOME! really, GET THIS CAR!

Good performance...
By tiqui2787 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 3 years, and the results are very satissfactory. The car runs great, and it's very reliable, and neat. The only problem I had with this car since I leased was with the alignement, or tires. In other words, the car always pulled to the sides. Bottom line? Before you get your car, and believe me toyota's are very reliable and great cars. Test drive the autmobile "WITH NO RUSH" Check to see if it feels the car drives right. If it doesn't? DO NOT BUY IT. Go to a different dealer and until you find what you like.. oh and remember you aren't buying apples....This is an INVESTMENT ;)

200CE camry 4-door sedan
By Theodora Nikos on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Excellent driving. Interior fixtures could be better (i.e. placement of fuel door and trujnk opener) should have been redesigned. Havehad toyotas since 1987.. Wheel can obstruct gauges on dashboard. In all my toyotas I have experienced replacement of front brakes at between 13,000 to 15,000. Ca r cannotr hold its weight on freeway goiing over 50 mph . Could be car is a 40cylinder.

Don't buy the 4 cyl
By dscott on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Don't waste your money on the 4 cyl - buy the V6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Faithful
By toyotahappy on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car almost 3 yrs ago Pro: reliable, just needs basic oil change to run smoothly, accelerates smartly for a small-engined car; turns quickly for a mid-sized vehicle; miserly when it comes to fuel consumption Cons: stiff seats, no daytime running lights; OEM tires are horrible; no driver's side lamps; no quick-wiper control; weak lo-beam headlamps - needed to replace bulbs w/ aftermarket PIAAs; added foglamps to improve visibility; replaced OEM tires with Michellin X-One Radials (200/70R-14)

easy going ride
By torres on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a Toyata after driving my brother inlaw's Toyota. I feel good driving this vehicle. This vehicle model looks better the the latest model.