2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 10

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
A very satisfied camry owner
By CamryFan21 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned a camry for about 4 years now. Its the most reliable, quiet, smoothe to handle car I have ever owned. The standard music system is also a pleasure to listen. Trunk is spacious, back seats are comfortable, folding the seats makes even more trunk space.

Excellent Value for the Money
By Jay Rock on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Wow. This was a good buy. I had a 1998 Contour SE before this and it's a much different feeling. Interior looks like higher quality materials were used. More convenience features like extendable visors make it nice. This is a soft, quiet ride. Even on the freeway. Albeit, more passing power could be used on the freeway, at the time I just couldn't find one with the V6 :( Insurance costs are a bit up there though but overall a good purchase in my mind. Avg 25 mpg with good mix of city & freeway.

Great certified used car
By NLS on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is comfortable to ride in and quiet. As a short driver I can reach pedals comfortably and have good visibility. Taller drivers are also comfortable. Lots of room in the back seat, and the trunk is roomy. Decent radio & cd player too. This car is pleasant to drive, I look forward to getting into it.

my lease is up
By cherrypond on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I am leasing this car and my time will be up next month.. For the three years I've had this car, i have never had a problem. I take it in for routine oil changes etc. and thats it!!!now deciding if I should buy it or lease another>>>Its toyota from now on!!!!

Reliable work car
By linsleftovers on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

The Toyota Camray proved to be one of the most reliable vehicles I have owned. I have had many vehicles over the years and found that this car is second to none. It has almost 90,000 miles on it, and with regular maintinance and faithful, 3,000 mile oil changes,I only had tires and light bulbs to changed. Nothing major has been done. It still has its original brakes! How about that.

Camry LE 2000 4 cyl
By W. Lederer on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

We have driver this car for just over 3 years and it has performed excellent and beyond our expectations. To this date no repairs necessary.

Good value
By Tom in Seattle on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 2000 LE to replace my 1988 LE. It's a great car, but I was surprised at how somethings were decontented. No maplights, seat has less adjustments and the bottom cushion isn't as comfy as the 1988. But for a 4-cyl with 136 HP, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance (the motor is torquey). Original tires (Generals) get loud after they wear. Very easy to drive, very good value.

Good car w/ problems than expected
By Gilles Deleuze on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

A quiet & comfortable car, but with some unexpected problems. The automatic transmission internally self-destructed at 19K. Toyota's policy is to replace w/rebuilt, which seems to be a cost- cutting measure. Dealer initially missed this defect, smugly disregarding my requests to check transmission. This dangerous problem was caught by Oil Service people. Poor service at the dealership meant I had to contact zone distributorship CEO for appropriate oversight of dealer. At 27K, the driver's bottom seat bracket busted. The replacement job at the dealer's was second class. How dealership handled problems/defects during warranty period left much to be desired.

Excellent, is all I can say!
By suspicious on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After loking at many cars, including BMWs, Accords, Maximas, and 626s, I had no choice but the Camry. Price, features, comfort, looks, and ride could not be better. Even to this day, the car feels exactly the same as the day I drove it off the lot. I'd do it all over again. Excellent car! Please sir may I have another?

Great Car
By Lord H on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Love the car! My only gripe is that the dealership can not seem to balance the tires, I get a shimmy at 65mph+. I think the OEM Dunlops are at the end of their useful life and need to be replaced at the dealers expense. Other than that, plenty of comfort and not much road noise.