2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Satisfied Camry Owner
By California Camry on 08/29/10 13:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

A couple of years ago I used Edmunds in the process of selecting a used vehicle. I was impressed by the favorable remarks of countless Camry owners. Subsequently, I purchased a well maintained 2000 V6 XLE with about 90K on it. I have been very satisfied with this car. Rides nice, plenty of power with the V6 which I recommend to anyone who needs the extra power for highway merging and traveling up steep highway grades. Getting about 27 MPG highway with the A/C on. No problems inside or out. Recently had the routine 90-100k maintenance performed. Prospective owners should not skip this. Not a luxury or performance auto, but dollar for dollar the most reliable and practical sedan so far.

So far so good
By Greaseman on 06/14/10 22:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car about a year and a half. So far this car has been great. Only have had one problem which was that I needed to replace the starter at 106,000 miles. The dealer wanted $307 for a new starter. I found a new Bosch starter for $125. I love the V6 engine. It's very quiet and smooth and is a very good highway cruiser. The premium sound system is top notch. My mechanic told me I made a good choice and in his opinion the Camry is one of the best cars built today for the money. Gas millage is what is advertised as long as you don't get into the throttle. Got 27.2 mpg on a trip to Vegas. The large gas tank gives a good range between fill ups.

Love My V6 XLE
By ShaAnn on 04/30/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my car use with 32,000 miles. It now has 107,000 and no problems at all. One spark plug change and front brakes, use Mobil 1 oil every 6 thousand miles. Love the car, the leather, stereo, rims, and moon-roof. Nothing like it. My 96 Mustang blew head gaskets at 100,000 just after the warranty was up. I will keep my Camry, thank you.

The Best Vehicle We've Ever Owned
By Nick on 10/22/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My grandfather purchased our 2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 brand new in fall 1999 fully loaded with all the options and accessories: with only one option lacking: fog lights. I am happy to say no one has suffered as a result. It was effectively a Lexus ES. The 3.0L V6 engine in this car makes it the most responsive car I have ever driven. When I need to pass someone on the highway, it's a snap. I can't imagine having anything less under the hood. Yet it's so quiet at idle that I can barely hear it. This car can barrel down the highway at 80 miles per hour as smooth as silk. I will drive this car forever, or until it dies, which doesn't seem possible anytime soon. It's 100% reliable.

Outstanding car
By dewey on 07/04/08 09:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought car new, just put first set of brakes at 75000 miles. Put an oxygen sensor in at 72000. No other repairs as yet, just normal service intervals and one set of tires, uses no oil. We'll run it forever. I've owned 8 Toyotas and this is one of the best manufactured; also have now a 2006 Avalon.

Camry XLE
By loveit on 02/18/05 07:13 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first Toyota and I love it. V6 has good pick up and power. XLE model has all the options to make it comfortable and fun to drive. Bought it used but it was a Toyota certified vehicle. Haven't had any mechanical problems.

Not new, but felt new.
By TVWaugh on 01/27/05 00:33 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought mine used, but the ride and handling felt like it was a new car. It accellerates fairly well against other V6's on the rode that are newer. Sharing similar interior and exterior features as the Lexus 300, I feel as if I have a Lexus without the Lexus name. I would recommend a Toyota Camry to anyone who asks.

6 cyl ......the only way to GO
By camry red xle on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love driving my camry...I owned rav 4 and celica and sporty is my style but the camry has been the Best..I gave up sporty for reliablity. My sport car is a volvo convetible. two GREAT car choices I am Happy with..

Love It!!
By Healthlady on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is my first Toyota, but won't be my last. I truly love my Camry. It was a hard choice between the Camry and the Accord, but I am glad that I chose the Camry. I am glad that I purchased a vechile with all the options, because I use them all!!

Well Pleased
By SteveR on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

We bought this car to replace our 1997 Camry LE. While some interior finishing seemd to be inferior to the LE, the XLE overall is an excellent car - comfortable, reliable, and fun to drive. Recently we noticed some throbbing of the brake pedal and it appears that the rotors are warped and worn to the point of requiring replacement; brake pads and tires are worn out and require replacement at 62,000 km (38,000 miles). At least, that is what the dealer tells me; seems a bit soon to me. Windshield replacement is cheap.