Used 2000 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best older gen Camry
By Tim Ruth

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Camry's really don't get better than this in many ways. The next year was the remodel with engine and safety improvements. But after 2000 Camry's became small Buicks with Toyota Quality. These Camry's feel strangely like say a older Rover(English) sedan. And thats a good thing. This Camry is ALL about ' legendary reliability'. My Camry took care of me like my Mom. I can't say more!! I drive a Acura TL now and when I get in the Camry I still love it. How do Yota's roll 350K?? Because ever nut, bolt, and most of the vehicle you don't see is done Toyota Right.

I Can't Wear It Out - No Excuse To Buy A New One
By Marsha S

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Camry is a legend at our house. Other cars come and go, and it soldiers on. You forget that things can go wrong, because nothing ever does. We do a good job of suggested maintenance, but I can't say enough about the reliability and comfort of this car. It wasn't fabulous in deep snow, and we live at the top of the hill, so I bought snow tires for it and that solved the problem. AT 150k miles, the only problem is that it does now look like an older car, because it is one. I think a new one would be good for my "image" but I don't know how to find a new one that will really measure up. Great job, Toyota!

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned
By topspin456

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry when it had 90,000 miles on it and have put 70,000 miles on it in the past 4 years. During this time I have had no expensive issues. I just got new tires last summer and will likely need to replace the brakes soon for the first time. About 5,000 miles ago the driver's side door handle came off, which I guess is pretty common with this year of Camry. It's a pretty simple fix that you can look up on youtube though. My dad had a 95 Camry that he traded in at 290,000 miles and when he drove his new Impala off the lot he missed the smooth ride of his Camry. Toyota's are just well made. #1 in reliability in my opinion.

Reliability, smooth ride, surprisingly good stereo sound in the LE, still gets 29 mpg highway.

A little more pick up in the engine. When passing you better give yourself plenty of room.

BEST car ever
By hellosunshyine

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I'm sad to say mine is gone, I rolled it while driving the canyon, both me and my sister came out fine. Whoever did it's safety tests did it right. Got GREAT gas mileage and had no problems! I would definitely get another camry.

Sun roof

Sad it's Dying
By shanny720

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My grandma talked me into buying a used 2000 Camry LE from a sporty car that I had been eying. It was the best decision made. It had 40,000 at purchase (2004) and how has 162,000. It has been reliable driving through MN snowstorms and flash floods. In fact, I've made it through snow where bigger vehicles had gotten stuck, and "puddles" where bigger vehicles had flooded. Few problems. The only reason why it's dying now is because I didn't change the oil every 3,000 miles. VERY important to keep up on the oil changes with this car!! I was hoping to keep it around for another few years.
Make sure to also use Toyota parts.

The LE has a lot to offer. Upgrades are wonderful. LOVE the factory sound system. Power seats are amazing. Very durable and reliable vehicle as long as you keep up with the regular oil changes. Wonderful gas mileage. I was able to get appx 38 mpg in the perfect conditions. Love this car. I am also very short, but felt like I had awesome control of the car and good view of the road. Very very sad I didn't take better care of it. Lesson learned. :-(

Wish I had gotten the V6. Power is lacking. Can get uncomfortable on longer drives. Has a bad drivers side blind spot. Drivers side door handle came off. Discovered this is a defect of the car.