Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Going, Going, Still going
By bill knab

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Toyota means reliability, not flash or gadgets. Do you want a dependable, efficient, safe car or a home entertainment system on wheels with ignition systems that can take your life like GM?

Best older gen Camry
By Tim Ruth

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Camry's really don't get better than this in many ways. The next year was the remodel with engine and safety improvements. But after 2000 Camry's became small Buicks with Toyota Quality. These Camry's feel strangely like say a older Rover(English) sedan. And thats a good thing. This Camry is ALL about ' legendary reliability'. My Camry took care of me like my Mom. I can't say more!! I drive a Acura TL now and when I get in the Camry I still love it. How do Yota's roll 350K?? Because ever nut, bolt, and most of the vehicle you don't see is done Toyota Right.

I Can't Wear It Out - No Excuse To Buy A New One
By Marsha S

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Camry is a legend at our house. Other cars come and go, and it soldiers on. You forget that things can go wrong, because nothing ever does. We do a good job of suggested maintenance, but I can't say enough about the reliability and comfort of this car. It wasn't fabulous in deep snow, and we live at the top of the hill, so I bought snow tires for it and that solved the problem. AT 150k miles, the only problem is that it does now look like an older car, because it is one. I think a new one would be good for my "image" but I don't know how to find a new one that will really measure up. Great job, Toyota!

325,000 Miles and still going strong
By Paul

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this Toyota Camry new from the dealer. I have never had any issues with this Camry. I have only had to do the recommend maintenance, and now with over 325,000 miles on it it is still running as strong as the day I bought it no oil leaks it is the best investment I ever made I will keep this car until it no longer runs and at the rate it is going I will expire before it does, best car ever built.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned
By topspin456

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry when it had 90,000 miles on it and have put 70,000 miles on it in the past 4 years. During this time I have had no expensive issues. I just got new tires last summer and will likely need to replace the brakes soon for the first time. About 5,000 miles ago the driver's side door handle came off, which I guess is pretty common with this year of Camry. It's a pretty simple fix that you can look up on youtube though. My dad had a 95 Camry that he traded in at 290,000 miles and when he drove his new Impala off the lot he missed the smooth ride of his Camry. Toyota's are just well made. #1 in reliability in my opinion.

Reliability, smooth ride, surprisingly good stereo sound in the LE, still gets 29 mpg highway.

A little more pick up in the engine. When passing you better give yourself plenty of room.