Used 2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Satisfied Camry Owner
By California Camry

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

A couple of years ago I used Edmunds in the process of selecting a used vehicle. I was impressed by the favorable remarks of countless Camry owners. Subsequently, I purchased a well maintained 2000 V6 XLE with about 90K on it. I have been very satisfied with this car. Rides nice, plenty of power with the V6 which I recommend to anyone who needs the extra power for highway merging and traveling up steep highway grades. Getting about 27 MPG highway with the A/C on. No problems inside or out. Recently had the routine 90-100k maintenance performed. Prospective owners should not skip this. Not a luxury or performance auto, but dollar for dollar the most reliable and practical sedan so far.

Overall reliability and nice comforts like sunroof and leather interior.

Would be nice if the trunk could unlock via remote. Rear passenger drink holders are a bit flimsy.

So far so good
By Greaseman

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car about a year and a half. So far this car has been great. Only have had one problem which was that I needed to replace the starter at 106,000 miles. The dealer wanted $307 for a new starter. I found a new Bosch starter for $125. I love the V6 engine. It's very quiet and smooth and is a very good highway cruiser. The premium sound system is top notch. My mechanic told me I made a good choice and in his opinion the Camry is one of the best cars built today for the money. Gas millage is what is advertised as long as you don't get into the throttle. Got 27.2 mpg on a trip to Vegas. The large gas tank gives a good range between fill ups.

I love the sun roof, the automatic climate control, and the sound system. Great on the highway. Pulls 7% grades at 75 mph without the engine shifting down. From all I've read the engine was designed to run optimal at 3000 rpm which is 85 mph. At this speed millage deceases and tickets increase.

More road and tire noise than expected from a high end Toyota xle. Just my opinion but a car that sells new for $26,000 should have less road and tire noise. It is really apparent on rougher roads like in California where they have no money to improve road surfaces.

Love My V6 XLE
By ShaAnn

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my car use with 32,000 miles. It now has 107,000 and no problems at all. One spark plug change and front brakes, use Mobil 1 oil every 6 thousand miles. Love the car, the leather, stereo, rims, and moon-roof. Nothing like it. My 96 Mustang blew head gaskets at 100,000 just after the warranty was up. I will keep my Camry, thank you.

Body style, rims, leather interior, moon roof, smooth sailing down the road and plenty of passing pep.

Make another one just like it for 2020

The Best Vehicle We've Ever Owned
By Nick

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My grandfather purchased our 2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 brand new in fall 1999 fully loaded with all the options and accessories: with only one option lacking: fog lights. I am happy to say no one has suffered as a result. It was effectively a Lexus ES. The 3.0L V6 engine in this car makes it the most responsive car I have ever driven. When I need to pass someone on the highway, it's a snap. I can't imagine having anything less under the hood. Yet it's so quiet at idle that I can barely hear it. This car can barrel down the highway at 80 miles per hour as smooth as silk. I will drive this car forever, or until it dies, which doesn't seem possible anytime soon. It's 100% reliable.

3.0L 24 valve 1MZ-FE V6 engine (same used in Lexuses) JBL 6-disc in-dash CD changer/AM/FM/cassette w/ 8 speakers, power slide/tilt moonroof, leather upholstery, dual power seats, outside temperature gauge, engine immobilizer/keyless entry, 4 cup holders, 60/40 split folding backseat, roomy trunk

I don't really have any suggested improvements for two reasons: 1) They have already been improved upon, as this Camry is 2 generations out of date, and 2) My Camry lacks nothing except a compass. We have had to replace nothing but tires, rotors, brake pads, and the battery since it was new.

Outstanding car
By dewey

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought car new, just put first set of brakes at 75000 miles. Put an oxygen sensor in at 72000. No other repairs as yet, just normal service intervals and one set of tires, uses no oil. We'll run it forever. I've owned 8 Toyotas and this is one of the best manufactured; also have now a 2006 Avalon.

Reliability, very tight still, well designed with super White finish. Good fuel economy for that generation car.

None