2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
BEST car ever
By hellosunshyine on 08/04/14 09:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I'm sad to say mine is gone, I rolled it while driving the canyon, both me and my sister came out fine. Whoever did it's safety tests did it right. Got GREAT gas mileage and had no problems! I would definitely get another camry.

Sad it's Dying
By shanny720 on 08/12/12 09:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My grandma talked me into buying a used 2000 Camry LE from a sporty car that I had been eying. It was the best decision made. It had 40,000 at purchase (2004) and how has 162,000. It has been reliable driving through MN snowstorms and flash floods. In fact, I've made it through snow where bigger vehicles had gotten stuck, and "puddles" where bigger vehicles had flooded. Few problems. The only reason why it's dying now is because I didn't change the oil every 3,000 miles. VERY important to keep up on the oil changes with this car!! I was hoping to keep it around for another few years. Make sure to also use Toyota parts.

Reliable, and fun!
By tyylerr on 08/02/11 00:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my camry new in 1999. It has been the most reliable car I have owned. It replaced my 1996 Lexus ES, and had better options, and was more comfortable. I've changed the oil every 3,000 miles, which is just about every month for me, I'm a. The 2.2i4 has almost as much power as my Lexus had! I've been in 2 accidents, only damage was to the front corner, and was cheap to fix. Replaced the timing belt, both ignition coils, and 2 oxygen sensors, and it still runs like new! 278,823 miles and counting! I plan on buying a new camry this week, deffinately keeping this one for my sons first car!

4 years in LA traffic...
By hermesc on 05/05/11 08:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for almost 11 years (bought it brand new) and drove it for 4 years in stop and go traffic in LA before moving out of California. It's a great vehicle, very reliable, comfortable, and good gas mileage. Even at almost 170k miles, not much to complain about. I make sure to take it in regularly for it's maintenance at a certified Toyota dealership (it's well worth the slightly higher prices). Hoping to keep the car well past 250k, and there are no signs suggesting otherwise.

EGR valve
By excamry on 07/18/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

At 88,000 miles the computer analyzed a faulty EGR valve. Replaced the valve ($170.00). The engine check comes back on. I took the the vacuum connected little valve right next to it out and examined it. The top comes off and it contains a little 1" diameter filter inside. Replaced the filter and check engine light was history. Sorry I spent $179 when a little foam filter from the lawnmower did the trick. Otherwise the carry has been a gem never a repair in ten years. This is for doityourselfers to save some money

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By lvrebel85 on 03/28/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been with me almost six years and it's been a good run. This was my college car so it probably got quite a bit more abuse than most, especially in the Nevada desert with 115+ degree days. I love the reliability and with regular maintenance still runs like new at 140k. It's at the age where more problems pop up (bad cam/crank seals, timing belt, transmission, pwr window regulator, brakes brakes brakes) but I think any car would do the same. fuel econ worsens with the age of the car too. They don't make camrys like this anymore or else I'd buy a 2010 - shame. My next purchase will be a '10 Ford Fusion; hopefully it will be as good to me as my camry.

Piece of Toyota Junk
By J on 01/08/10 12:13 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is the worst piece of junk I've ever owned...and I had an '87 Ford Escort. The check engine light is on every other week, the car began burning oil at 40K miles (after regularly changing the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles). The car has also had a leftward pull while driving since day one. The Toyota dealers I contacted all state that this is normal! Check the internet and you'll see numerous complaints about the same leftward pull. Add to this the fact that the car is severely underpowered and handles like a go cart. What a waste. To call it a piece of junk assumes that the car has a purpose and is an insult to junk everywhere!

Great Car!
By suzie on 12/14/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Camry new and it now has 110,000 miles and is still driving great! I do all the routine maintenance on it, regular oil changes, had the timing belt changed before it went out... as precaution. This particular Camry must have been well built. The only trouble I had was the battery went dead and I had to replace it. I'm looking for a new vehicle but can't hardly bring myself to buy one! I won't get rid of my Camry no matter if I buy a new car!

Average Car
By W.G.B on 12/05/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned three Camry's in the past and have found most to be great cars. The 2000 Camry has been a disappointment because it started to have different maintenance issue. It started with rear-end noises that were hard to diagnose. It turned out to be a rear barring. Then I had the the shocks replaced front and back which started several noises first rear which turned-out to be bad shocks. Then the front noises started which still are not resolved. Many parts may be the problem say the mechanics. The parts are expensive of course

A car that keeps going
By Deon on 10/16/09 07:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my lifetime, was a valet, rented couple and friends and families' cars, this car is the best. I have 171000 miles on it now and it runs like I first got it. I have been getting regular oil changes, 2 tie rods changed, a new water pump belts and hoses, shocks installed a rear window regulator, spark plugs, door handles, and alloy wheel. Never had to work on the A/C, I live in FL where the a/c is on every time I drive. The cost of ownership is very low. Great car, smooth and quiet. It has carted food, homeless people, pastors, druggies, kids, and trash. I have pulled a Jeep out of the ditch with it, been in mud pits, camping and off-road and it always does the job.