Some problems early, but very nice now
By firstblood10 on
1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
When my Camry was less than a year old, it was in the shop for a 59 day stretch when a defective part had to be replaced. I got a free loaner (Corolla ...) and they paid my two payments, plus gave me the platinum warranty. Since then, it's been a pleasure. I for one think there is plenty of power in it considering it is a 4 cylinder. I never have to merge below freeway speeds. That's good enough for me. The brakes have never been as good as they should be. They work fine, but they shutter and ocassionally grind, and nothing they've ever done has fixed this. The suspension rattles in the city, and is a bit loose.
Favorite Features
6 speaker premium sound system will rock you if you were fortunate enough to get it (I held out for it, painfully). Good acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Power drivers seat a must, and very nice. Very smooth, and quiet freeway ride.
Suggested Improvements
Suspension components, brakes aren't that great. Avoid potholes!!! You can buy a 2004 with more stuff for the same price as what I paid, give or take a bit. Would seem this model was overpriced...