Real World, Real Car
By accesstoo on
1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
After all the hype about this car and that, all cars smell, drive, look, and act similarly after a few years. That being said, I can tell you without reservation, this has been one fine car. I now have 61,000 miles on this car. I drive it daily in Atlanta traffic. This car has and continues to deliver everything you come to expect in a Toyota. I have only replaced the Front Brakes. I can't seem to wear the rears out, replaced the tires, and use synthetic oil with every oil change. Score? Perfect. It has never broken down. It has a better AC than Honda and is roomier. It won't turn heads but you won't call for a tow either. Next time, buy a 4-cyl Camry. It's my 2nd.
Favorite Features
Reliable: NO HASSLES. I haven't seen the dealer in 5 years except for routine maintenance. Comfortable: truly room for 4 adults AND their luggage in the roomy trunk. Mileage: Although roomier than most mid-sized sedans, this one still delivers 22-26 in town, 30-32 on the highway@ 70-75mph
Suggested Improvements
Power: The 4 cylinder I had was adequate with just me in the car but, add a few and it gets sluggish. The new 4 cylinder has fixed that. The newer (2003 on) has fixed that with a 157hp engine. Mine had only 127 or 130 I believe. Heavier seats. Long trips can tend to wear you out.