Overall a great car
By robertmang on
1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan
I bought this car back in '06 when I was still in high school, with about 89,000 miles on it. 5 years later and it has 185,000 with no signs of stopping. There have been a couple repairs I have had to do including a costly sensor replacement at the dealership which ran about $1,300. That was back in '09. Then earlier this year, the car wouldn't start and I needed to buy a new air compressor at about $300...All in all a reliable vehicle that has not needed any other major services. The V6 has plenty of power for everyday driving (which here in SW Florida can be both fast-paced and aggravating) and I don't see any reason why this car won't make it to 200k and beyond.
Favorite Features
Capable V6, Power moonroof and driver's seat, paint held up great over the years, and except for a couple isolated incidents has been very reliable!
Suggested Improvements
MPG could be better for the car's size...I drive a lot of highway miles but still average about 21, 22MPG if I'm lucky. I used to use the tape player so I could play my iPod in the car but the tape deck no longer functions. Squeaking brakes from time to time even with newer pads, although it isn't a major issue. Ride is rather 'floaty' which is especially noticeable on the highway.