1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Great car

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

Great car
By KGW on

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent family car. With the exception of a weather seal around the window on the drivers door, a couple very minor trim problems all repaired under warrenty and one recall (cruise control) that was repaired while I waited, I have had no problem with this car. Mine is a V6 with a 5 sp. manual (rare) and is a great performer. It is not a true sports sedan ie BMW but it aint bad. My teen age, son bless his heart, reports that it will do 0-60 in the 6 sec. range. After 68000+ miles I still have the orignal brakes. I usually take it to the dealer for service and wait for it and I am back on the road in a little more than an hour. We love it!!!

The cruise control is the best I have ever used. Freeway driving it will go up a steep hill in 5th gear with 4 adults in the car and the speed will not vary a half MPH.

A little stiffer suspension so it won't bottom out on speed bumps. The outside mirrors after they have been adjusted a few times won't go out far enough, I have to run them all the way in then I can get them to out far enough.