Great car for the money.
By Dillon on
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan
I bought this car used in October '04. 92000 miles on it. I paid $8250 for it and I think I got ripped off. I guess overall it's been a decent car, but don't listen to all those reviews about Toyota's reliability. Every car has its faults. Two days after I bought the car the check engine light came on; I took it to three mechanics, none could figure out the problem. After 10000 miles it's still on and off. I've had the starter go bad, the motor knocks like crazy at times, and I have various other electrical problems. The front struts make popping sounds, but they're factory and I've yet to change them. However I believe these faults are due to a previous owner's ignorance.
Favorite Features
Sufficient power from the V6, and decent fuel economy. Factory stereo sounds better than the Bose radio in my stepmom's '05 Mazda 6. Timeless body design. Great safety ratings; this car saved the life of a buddy of mine. Good overall car.
Suggested Improvements
Tighter handling and firmer suspension. Better interior design. For me, there's a huge blind spot in the rear corners. Headlights need to be brighter. Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. DO NOT make the mistake of buying a car with an Audiovox SecuriKey+ alarm, they have problems.