Boring & wonderful
By 1999camry on
1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan
I stumbled upon my 1999 v6 American Edition Camry in early 2007 with 88k. Previous to that I had never considered a Toyota, but the deal was right. Since then I have put 110k of my own miles on it. It has seen me through college, marriage and the birth of our two kids. Since day one, I have considered it the most boring-looking car I have ever set eyes on, and my wife refers to me as "grandpa" when I'm in it. Looks notwithstanding, I LOVE my Camry. The v6 is enough to keep driving interesting and the reliability can't be beat. The mph is acceptable: I get 26 mpg no matter what I do. Highway, city, petal to the floor, or with my wife and kids in the car: 26 mpg.
Favorite Features
Reliability, quality, low cost of ownership. V6 engine, I fear the 4cylinder would elevate the boredom factor to a fatal level, but I speak not from experience. Also performs acceptably well in the moderate winters we experience in central Ohio.
Suggested Improvements
Interior and exterior styling is dreadfully dull. But you don't buy it to look cool... At least I didn't.