Used 1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

WOW
By smprescott2010

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

This is my first used car in over 13 years. The economy killed me and didn't have a choice in getting a used car. I found a 1999 with 266,000 miles on it (2,300) and pampered its entire life. The car looks really nice and has had everything replaced and maintained. It cruises PERFECTLY like a brand new car at 80mph. All power options and AC work perfectly. I was worried I would be driving a beater... NOT THE CASE! Nice car!

Nothing to complain about.

Camry is a BEAST!!!
By Iwant'10Prius

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

No lie....I have 242,665 miles on my car and I am not embarrassed to drive it. I bought it with 112k miles on it from a private owner. It has been maintained well (oil changes, routine maintenance, etc.) but I have rarely put any other money into the vehicle. It drives down the highway almost like a new car. I would highly recommend purchasing this year Camry, as long as it has been taken care of. I will always be Toyota loyal after my experience (previous American-car only driver). What American car would ever even come close this mileage and reliability? Exactly! If I can get 500K, maybe I can get that new 2010 Prius I have been desperately wanting. :)

Reliability, Reliability, Reliability. Decent mpg for a mid/full size sedan.

My AC, windows, and cruise all still work! Toyota ROCKS.

Still running strong despite ME!
By Portly Pete

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed this car. Nice blend of qualities rather than strong in one area. Performs great, looks fine, comfortable. The V6 has enough power to be fun but it can't beat a Ferrari! Well, I did once probably because my friends and I just scared the dude! LOL!

Simple but reliable.

None. It is what it is. A well built sedan with a bit of punch.

Low cost, low maintenance
By Jean

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I always keep my cars 100k and longer. This is the first Toyota I've bought and the first time to own a car that is low cost to maintain. Very little goes wrong. With the energy crunch, I've lowered my speed to 60-65 and my mileage has gone from 30mpg on the hwy to 35mpg hwy. It has always maintained 24-25mpg in town. My only complaints are: the headlights; I've changed the relay a few times but their light intensity is still weak; 2. Seating comfort: I'm tall and thin and I feel like I'm sitting on a park bench. Compared to an American car, the comfort level is inferior. Maybe the newer models are better with this. The low maint. and repair cost outweigh this issue.

low repair demands; high fuel efficiency

Make seating more comfortable; improve headlights; make steering easier; raise undercarriage - I often hit speed bumps even when crawling over them.

Camry lives up to reputation
By joe

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car runs better now than when it had 20,000 miles. It held its value and I am always being asked if I want to sell it and I can't let it go yet anyway. Great bang for the buck especially in this economy. Buy one you'll love it; this 4 cylinder blows away many American 4 and 6 cyl of the same year. You wont regret it.

comfort at high speeds, gas mileage, it's a Toyota

Body style could be more aggressive but it's better looking than the replacement that came in 2002.