1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Solid car
By Tiemen on 01/26/06 16:06 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Having owned nothing but Japanese, I had high expectations from this Camry. It definitely hasn't let me down in mechanical quality, but I can tell the quality of some interior features and window moldings, weather strips, and other plastic/rubber parts are inferior to Honda and Mazda. But it is definitely more comfortable and quiet, so it's a trade-off. If yours failed on you, it's human error. Don't take care of it and like any car, it will perish. (it just takes longer to kill it than a Detroit product)

not a driver's car
By chris on 12/10/05 19:43 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

If you like driving, as I do, this is not a car for you. No throttle response, no steering feel, terrible (soft) suspension. Makes me ask "Am I actually driving." I take corners at 40-50 mph, and still no thrill. This is a boring car. Only consider it if you absolutely hate driving or do not like cars at all. If you like driving, or think a car should be responsive and a little sporty, go for the Accord.

Great car for the money.
By Dillon on 07/23/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in October '04. 92000 miles on it. I paid $8250 for it and I think I got ripped off. I guess overall it's been a decent car, but don't listen to all those reviews about Toyota's reliability. Every car has its faults. Two days after I bought the car the check engine light came on; I took it to three mechanics, none could figure out the problem. After 10000 miles it's still on and off. I've had the starter go bad, the motor knocks like crazy at times, and I have various other electrical problems. The front struts make popping sounds, but they're factory and I've yet to change them. However I believe these faults are due to a previous owner's ignorance.

Camry
By Not the same from J on 07/11/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Here is what I've replaced during my 6 years of ownership: 1.) Circuit board regulating the airflow and AC 2.) Entire Driver window motor assembly (from a Toyota Dealership). 3.) Rust on side of door 4.) Power door locks does not function from time to time. I've owned over 12+ cars in my lifespan, and this is the 1st car that I've found myself facing with these items that should have lasted a lot longer.

MR Reliability
By Eddie O. on 07/05/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have 108,000 miles on my camry and it still runs like new. I bought it with 25000 miles on it in 2001. I would not give up my camry for any other car on the road. It looks and rides great! If you are in the market for a fuel efficient and reliable car, GET A CAMRY!

Great Car
By David James on 06/22/05 22:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

A quiet, competent, comfortable safe and dependable ride. Has decent performance and economy, although 6 cylinder in family Avalon is better overall performer. 4 cylinder has adequate power and is bulletproof. Would drive it to the left coast and back tomorrow as is. No major issues - replaced orig Michelins at 72 thousand - still have original brakes, battery with no issues.

Camry gets you there and back
By chiefman on 06/16/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is what American cars strive to be- dependable.

Awesome car
By Duke Chowdhury on 06/16/05 02:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars from BMW to Mercedes but this is the only car that ran flawlessly even though it was much older than BMW 3 2.8 and Mercedes E320. It is fun to drive, comfortable and gets great gas mileage while being immaculately reliable no wonder Toyota will become the largest car manufacturer in the world in few years. The Detroit boys have a lot of work to do. Recommend to anyone.

Best
By p zemanek on 06/06/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Best car on the market. Only needs oil change and never car problems.

Reliable but Not a Fun Car
By Steven on 05/27/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Toyota Camry, is by far one of the most reliable cars, with best performance that I have ever driven. It has never let me down. Unfortunately, it is also not very fun to drive. It is relatively bulky, no fancy designs. It is basically an excellent choice for a family car for a person who does not care about the quality of FUN of driving.