1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 8

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
A little Disappointed
By Blossom on 03/09/06 16:35 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Camry. I got almost 300K on my previous model before I had any major problems at all. The transmission had trouble. Unfortunately this one is not fairing as well. The vehicle is well maintained and serviced, but at 188,000 I've had to replace transmission seals, gaskets,and there is an engine oil leak the continues to come back and now the power steering rack is leaking. It's starting to get very sluggish, too. I would still purchase another Camry, but this one has been disappointing.

Great Car
By kwc1987 on 03/02/06 04:50 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

The 99 Toyota Camry is a great car for me so far. I have had no problems with it. The car rides very nice and I think it will last me through college. The only problem I have is the suspension is noisy when it goes over rough bumps. I am 6'4 and I really feel comfortable because the seat adjusts back/forth and up/down. It's a great car and I have read great reviews on this car!

1999 Camry endless problems
By Alex on 02/03/06 14:55 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this certified car in Dec. 2002. At the beginning it was good. After I had problems with leaking water pump, transmission problems and last huge problem it start lose engine oil. Dealer made some repairs, but it was getting worse and worse. Last time 2 months ago oil level was below lower mark after 1000 miles!!! Dealer hold car for a week, replaced rings, recondition the engine head, bearings etc. Now, after 250 miles it lose 30% of oil. So, I need to go to dealer again.

Toyota Camry - A GREAT BUY
By Joel on 02/01/06 15:36 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I've had my Camry approximately 3 1/2 years and it's the best car I've ever had. If you want reliability, its there. If you want extras, it's not bad. If you want comfort, it does the job pretty well. If you want performance, it can handle pretty well. For economy, it is pretty good. The value retension seems to be good. All around, this car is a pretty solid buy! I know what my next car will be. Another Toyota.

Solid car
By Tiemen on 01/26/06 16:06 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Having owned nothing but Japanese, I had high expectations from this Camry. It definitely hasn't let me down in mechanical quality, but I can tell the quality of some interior features and window moldings, weather strips, and other plastic/rubber parts are inferior to Honda and Mazda. But it is definitely more comfortable and quiet, so it's a trade-off. If yours failed on you, it's human error. Don't take care of it and like any car, it will perish. (it just takes longer to kill it than a Detroit product)

not a driver's car
By chris on 12/10/05 19:43 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

If you like driving, as I do, this is not a car for you. No throttle response, no steering feel, terrible (soft) suspension. Makes me ask "Am I actually driving." I take corners at 40-50 mph, and still no thrill. This is a boring car. Only consider it if you absolutely hate driving or do not like cars at all. If you like driving, or think a car should be responsive and a little sporty, go for the Accord.

Great car for the money.
By Dillon on 07/23/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in October '04. 92000 miles on it. I paid $8250 for it and I think I got ripped off. I guess overall it's been a decent car, but don't listen to all those reviews about Toyota's reliability. Every car has its faults. Two days after I bought the car the check engine light came on; I took it to three mechanics, none could figure out the problem. After 10000 miles it's still on and off. I've had the starter go bad, the motor knocks like crazy at times, and I have various other electrical problems. The front struts make popping sounds, but they're factory and I've yet to change them. However I believe these faults are due to a previous owner's ignorance.

Camry
By Not the same from J on 07/11/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Here is what I've replaced during my 6 years of ownership: 1.) Circuit board regulating the airflow and AC 2.) Entire Driver window motor assembly (from a Toyota Dealership). 3.) Rust on side of door 4.) Power door locks does not function from time to time. I've owned over 12+ cars in my lifespan, and this is the 1st car that I've found myself facing with these items that should have lasted a lot longer.

MR Reliability
By Eddie O. on 07/05/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have 108,000 miles on my camry and it still runs like new. I bought it with 25000 miles on it in 2001. I would not give up my camry for any other car on the road. It looks and rides great! If you are in the market for a fuel efficient and reliable car, GET A CAMRY!

Great Car
By David James on 06/22/05 22:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

A quiet, competent, comfortable safe and dependable ride. Has decent performance and economy, although 6 cylinder in family Avalon is better overall performer. 4 cylinder has adequate power and is bulletproof. Would drive it to the left coast and back tomorrow as is. No major issues - replaced orig Michelins at 72 thousand - still have original brakes, battery with no issues.