Used 1999 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not to die for
By Vern

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I loved my beat up old ride . 100k It never let me down . I bought it with dents on all sides,front & back . Mechanically it worked well .tranny & engine are well matched . I lent it to My son the 2nd time he had ever driven it & had a head on collision with it .Didn't understand front wheel drive vs rear wheel technology . Its a paperweight now but no one was hurt Thank God . All the doors still shut & work perfectly . but there engine is shoved all the way into the fire wall . A lesser car would have resulted in several fatalities . God bless air bags & Japanese automobiles

Air Bags ,smooth ride ,good visibility

never figured out how to cut the head lights off .

A smooth ride
By hanstheman

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about a year ago and it clocked less than 50,000 miles when i first got it. The ride is very smooth and overall very pleased with the reliability of the car, it almost never gives me trouble (not yet, at least!). Good mileage, i get a combined city/town/highway of about 25 mpg.

Smooth, quite ride (except on the highway). Good mileage, very fun to drive.

Acceleration on hills and going up hills is a problem because the transmission won't rev the RPMs high enough to give to car more power to go up a hill.

Great car
By Toyota and Nissan

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Great car. I bought it when it had 168000 miles on it and ran great. I did get new spark plugs, short ram intake and a strut bar, to improve the performance a little. The car never broke down, i had no problems with it. Now it has 192000 miles. It does have a 18gallon gas tank which i found to be a bit too big. but its okay. Now i drive a 350z Overall upgrade from the 99 camry. but the camry did very well the last 2 years.

Roomy, simple interior. Reliability. And runs like new after 192000 miles!

strut bar is highly recommended! the cars suspension is really soft. great for long trips but on corners it really rolls. v6 model should have more power, which i was hoping the 4 cylinder could have had a bit more of.

Awesome Car
By Angelica

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car! I waited a year before I decided to post a review, because I wanted to be sure my opinion was reliable. For one, this car has never given me ANY problems except for having to get a new battery about a month after I purchased it...which was mostly the dealership's fault for having an old recharged one in the car. The only thing I've replaced is the tires...never stalls, idles and drives smoother than my mother's 2005 Saturn ....I love this car and when I am ready to trade it in, it will definitely be for another Camry!

Car operates soo smoothly, brakes work wonders...

I wish the gas hand was automatic...

Great Car
By Bob Mcgraw

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 1999. I have replaced only parts that I expect to. Belts, hoses tires etc. It has never failed to start. Safe, secure and keeps its value. I liked it so much I bought a 2006 Camry last year.

Quiet. Ten years later the car is still quiet and smooth.

None