1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love My Camry!
By Sue of California on 07/29/06 12:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this Camry in late 2002. It had only 15,000 miles, & leather seats & a power driver's seat. Nearly 4 years later, it's my favorite car ever. Although my 16-year old daughter gets teased by her friends that it's a "mom's car", I repeat over & over: "It's reliable, gets 30 mpg, it's easy & fun to drive & the (leather) seats are comfortable." I've only done regular oil changes & put a new battery in it. It now has 64,650 miles & I've put just 7,300 on it this the last year, but will drive it even more as I am a new "mystery shopper". It's my 2nd Camry & hasn't disappointed me once.

Love My 1999 Camry LE!!!
By jx6s on 07/14/06 22:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Buying my Toyota Camry was one of the best investments that I have ever made. I love the gas mileage that it gets. I get 28 mpg on the average driving it everyday to work. On the highway I get 32+. The sound system is awesome!! It has 102,000 on it now and it drives great with no problems. I am faithful with my maintenance schedule. The only thing that I have had to pay out for is a new set of tires and rear struts as the car would sometimes bottom out in the rear with 4 adults in it. It wasn't costly though and one brake light. The car is so quiet and drives smooth. I highly recommend it.

Fine Car
By Mark on 06/20/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this car almost three years ago now used. We love it, it is a very good and reliable car, never have any problems at all. Typical Toyota reliability, and preformance, I woudl recommend this car to everyone. If you are able to find one the manuals are great, not as smooth as our other car, a honda, but still shifts well we have 75,000 miles and still orginal clutch.

135000 miles and still going strong
By Lillann on 06/08/06 03:29 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This has been one of the most reliable cars we have ever known. We have had Toyotas since 1976 and have found them extremely reliable! Will not buy another brand. This one has been so reliable with only a water pump going out a couple of years ago. Everything keeps working well and the engine seems to be as reliable as when we drove it off the lot new. We are still getting between 28 and 30 mpg on highway which is what we started with. Will drive it until it gives out.

Very Reliable Car
By Tim on 04/04/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago. It had about 10,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I have driven this car over 100,000 miles and it still runs like new car. I had to replace the exhaust pipe once and had some repair done on the shockers which cost me about 600 dollars.

A little Disappointed
By Blossom on 03/09/06 16:35 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Camry. I got almost 300K on my previous model before I had any major problems at all. The transmission had trouble. Unfortunately this one is not fairing as well. The vehicle is well maintained and serviced, but at 188,000 I've had to replace transmission seals, gaskets,and there is an engine oil leak the continues to come back and now the power steering rack is leaking. It's starting to get very sluggish, too. I would still purchase another Camry, but this one has been disappointing.

Great Car
By kwc1987 on 03/02/06 04:50 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

The 99 Toyota Camry is a great car for me so far. I have had no problems with it. The car rides very nice and I think it will last me through college. The only problem I have is the suspension is noisy when it goes over rough bumps. I am 6'4 and I really feel comfortable because the seat adjusts back/forth and up/down. It's a great car and I have read great reviews on this car!

1999 Camry endless problems
By Alex on 02/03/06 14:55 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this certified car in Dec. 2002. At the beginning it was good. After I had problems with leaking water pump, transmission problems and last huge problem it start lose engine oil. Dealer made some repairs, but it was getting worse and worse. Last time 2 months ago oil level was below lower mark after 1000 miles!!! Dealer hold car for a week, replaced rings, recondition the engine head, bearings etc. Now, after 250 miles it lose 30% of oil. So, I need to go to dealer again.

Toyota Camry - A GREAT BUY
By Joel on 02/01/06 15:36 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I've had my Camry approximately 3 1/2 years and it's the best car I've ever had. If you want reliability, its there. If you want extras, it's not bad. If you want comfort, it does the job pretty well. If you want performance, it can handle pretty well. For economy, it is pretty good. The value retension seems to be good. All around, this car is a pretty solid buy! I know what my next car will be. Another Toyota.

Solid car
By Tiemen on 01/26/06 16:06 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Having owned nothing but Japanese, I had high expectations from this Camry. It definitely hasn't let me down in mechanical quality, but I can tell the quality of some interior features and window moldings, weather strips, and other plastic/rubber parts are inferior to Honda and Mazda. But it is definitely more comfortable and quiet, so it's a trade-off. If yours failed on you, it's human error. Don't take care of it and like any car, it will perish. (it just takes longer to kill it than a Detroit product)