Used 1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Awesome Car
By Angelica

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car! I waited a year before I decided to post a review, because I wanted to be sure my opinion was reliable. For one, this car has never given me ANY problems except for having to get a new battery about a month after I purchased it...which was mostly the dealership's fault for having an old recharged one in the car. The only thing I've replaced is the tires...never stalls, idles and drives smoother than my mother's 2005 Saturn ....I love this car and when I am ready to trade it in, it will definitely be for another Camry!

Car operates soo smoothly, brakes work wonders...

I wish the gas hand was automatic...

Great Car
By Bob Mcgraw

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 1999. I have replaced only parts that I expect to. Belts, hoses tires etc. It has never failed to start. Safe, secure and keeps its value. I liked it so much I bought a 2006 Camry last year.

Quiet. Ten years later the car is still quiet and smooth.

None

WOW
By smprescott2010

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

This is my first used car in over 13 years. The economy killed me and didn't have a choice in getting a used car. I found a 1999 with 266,000 miles on it (2,300) and pampered its entire life. The car looks really nice and has had everything replaced and maintained. It cruises PERFECTLY like a brand new car at 80mph. All power options and AC work perfectly. I was worried I would be driving a beater... NOT THE CASE! Nice car!

Nothing to complain about.

Camry is a BEAST!!!
By Iwant'10Prius

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

No lie....I have 242,665 miles on my car and I am not embarrassed to drive it. I bought it with 112k miles on it from a private owner. It has been maintained well (oil changes, routine maintenance, etc.) but I have rarely put any other money into the vehicle. It drives down the highway almost like a new car. I would highly recommend purchasing this year Camry, as long as it has been taken care of. I will always be Toyota loyal after my experience (previous American-car only driver). What American car would ever even come close this mileage and reliability? Exactly! If I can get 500K, maybe I can get that new 2010 Prius I have been desperately wanting. :)

Reliability, Reliability, Reliability. Decent mpg for a mid/full size sedan.

My AC, windows, and cruise all still work! Toyota ROCKS.

Still running strong despite ME!
By Portly Pete

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed this car. Nice blend of qualities rather than strong in one area. Performs great, looks fine, comfortable. The V6 has enough power to be fun but it can't beat a Ferrari! Well, I did once probably because my friends and I just scared the dude! LOL!

Simple but reliable.

None. It is what it is. A well built sedan with a bit of punch.