1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love my camry
By rick on 05/30/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Solid car, good transportation, reliable, great gas mileage, no mechanical problems, changed the oil regularly, third set of tires, will drive it til it falls apart.

Disappointed
By Toyota NEVER Again on 04/06/07 21:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

We purchased this Camry new believing it would be a great car for many years. The last two cars we owned, we have for about 10 years each. Beginning within a few months of ownership we have had the following problems: front and rear struts replaced twice, transmission replaced, transmission speed sensor replaced twice, air sensor replaced along with MANY other irritating minor things. Toyota is OFF our list for future purchases! And yes - we have followed the suggested maintenance schedule!

Great used car
By camrybug on 02/09/07 07:49 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Camry for my college daughter two years ago with 85,000 miles on it. Two years later, at 115,000 miles, I have had no repairs AT ALL! The car is pleasant (not exactly a head turner) but does everything flawlessly. Great gas mileage and does exceptionally well in snow. I was surprised to find that it had ABS, a power driver's seat and a CD player. Toyota put a lot into a relatively inexpensive package.

Fred Brooks
By Toyota Camery on 12/19/06 09:09 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, enjoy the car. Only reason I am trading is it is getting old and I want a new Camry. There is nothing wrong with the car. Have it serviced at dealership on regular basis. Interior is like new as well as outside. Kept in garage when not in use.

First Toyota I have owned
By Joyce on 11/28/06 22:08 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is a wonderful piece of machinery. The handling in marvelous, along with the comfort. Many people see the car, and think it is new. I have nothing negative to say about this car.

Bullet proof
By GAB on 11/24/06 18:16 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Virtually trouble free for 70 K miles, mostly in the city. Quiet, comfortable, great gas mileage. Only problem is the rear brakes which shudder occasionally. Would definitely buy again.

Happy Camry Owner
By CamryLover on 10/22/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned. A quiet drive, very economical, very reliable and trouble free. I only had to replace the struts on 74,000 miles. This is a very happy Camry owner !!

What a Joke
By NoCamFan on 10/16/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Sure seemed like an excellent used car at the time I bought it for my mom, exactly one year ago. At only 63K miles it smokes when cold (valve stem seals), clunks on small bumps (strut mounts), all the painted plastic has faded (bumpers, mirrors, door handles), exterior door handle falling off (cheap plastic). I should have spent thousands less and bought American. Extremely disappointed in this smoking rattle-trap. There are TSBs on the problems we have, so these are not maintenance issues - I regret ever buying this car - can't sell it without doing a valve job at ONLY 63K MILES! NOT a solid car.

Theres a reason Toyota is the top dog
By olstein103 on 10/11/06 21:37 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I received the car is about 78,000 miles on it. The only problem that has bothered me is the struts/shocks. The electronics are flawless, the day to day driving is excellent, and the fuel economy is amazing. The previous owner(my new stepbrother) is known for destroying his cars, and when I got it, I was so suprised at how well it took his beating. He is the person who would never maintain a vehicle ever. So my opinion of this car is excellent and would recommend it to anyone.

Like my Camry
By John on 09/28/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan