1999 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 17

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Camry Review
By Emmy on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We leased this car in 1998, had to return it to the dealer in 2001, then bought it back in 2002 because we missed it so much.

Nice
By Franky on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

It's a reliable car. Not the flashiest, fastest, or most comfortable. I drive it HARD and I the only thing I've had to replace in 70,000 miles is the brake pads (twice). I followed the maintenance schedule and have had no problems.

reliable but ...
By young on 03/16/02 00:05 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

It is a reliable car, I guess, since I haven't had any problem so far except that recently it is making some spueaking noise from one of the front suspension. However, the seats are extremely uncomfortable for its reputation(the best selling car?). In addition, the handling is far from precise. That makes its cornering highly dangerous sometimes. It gives no fun to drive. It is just a normal family car for people seaking no fun.

58K and i've done nothing
By paowner on 03/09/02 21:25 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Great car. I've had no problem with comfort in front seats (i'm 5-7). Great room in back. More acceleration than I expected. More handling than I expected. Traded Acura Integra for car that could carry my 3 kids. Have done absolutely nothing in 58k miles and get 28 mpg. Huge trunk. Perfect fit and finish.

My first Toyota automobile
By Dick L. on 03/02/02 11:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My camery has performed great, no problems, followed the maintaince program, the car has performed well both in traffic and over the road on trips, gas milage over 33 miles per gallon.

Car is outstanding, seats are awful.
By derbarkasmann on 02/26/02 13:55 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Superb quality, everything in the interior is where it should be and works very easily, adequate power (4 cyl), but the seats ... did anybody actually sit in one for several hours before finalizing the seat design? I love the car but will never take it on a long trip because of the seat.