1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 16

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By CWILEY on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

THE BEST HANDLING CAR IVE EVER OWNED

REVIEW
By steve on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Overrated. Molding and interior is separating from vehicle. 4 cyl is not adequate for a vehicle of this size.

Great car
By KGW on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent family car. With the exception of a weather seal around the window on the drivers door, a couple very minor trim problems all repaired under warrenty and one recall (cruise control) that was repaired while I waited, I have had no problem with this car. Mine is a V6 with a 5 sp. manual (rare) and is a great performer. It is not a true sports sedan ie BMW but it aint bad. My teen age, son bless his heart, reports that it will do 0-60 in the 6 sec. range. After 68000+ miles I still have the orignal brakes. I usually take it to the dealer for service and wait for it and I am back on the road in a little more than an hour. We love it!!!

I Love This Car
By flin1 on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

We bought the Camry to facilitate the needs of our four driver family. I think I got a good deal on it because it had been sitting on their lot for a couple months and was not moving because it's a manual 5 speed. I made a low bid and they called me back a month later. I can't believe how much I love this car. It's simply the best car I've ever owned and drives like a dream. The only thing I can compare it to is the BMW 320i I test drove 25 years ago. I loved my old Saab 99 but I think this even surpasses it. The previous owner mounted 16" 5 spoke wheels and Michelin 16/55/215 tires. It corners like it's on rails and the 4 cyl engine is very quick and gave 31 mpg on the last fill up.

Did any one had problem with brakes?
By babar on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Ovel all its a very nice car and I am very happy with it. Its fun to drive and quite roomy. I have had noticed that if it goes over a bump and you apply the brakes at the time, they just dont work like for a second or two. I am not sure if this is true with all the 1999 Camary LE models or its just my car.

Disappointment
By J. D. Walters on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I was expecting Toyota quality, but what I got was a lemmon. The brakes vibrate violently when I stop quickly, and all four struts make a rattling noise (I was told this is a manufacturers defect). I have also had numerous other small problems as well. Knowing what I know now, I would not have purchased this car. It is smooth and quiet on the interstate though.

2nd Camry
By luvmycamry on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I enjoy driving my 1999 Camry. I think it is very comfortable and have been told by my passengers that they also feel very comfortable. I have frequently driven from Florida to Vermont and back again and have never felt uncomfortable in the driver's seat. I have over 60,000 miles on my car and have not done any work on the Camry other than regular oil changes. I think the look of the Camry is a little boring, but it performs well.

TOYOTA CAMRY = EXCELLENCE
By tpmedia on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is my third Camry. It is the best one so far. Amazingly reliable and trouble free. Fun to drive. Comfortable. Roomy. Elegant. Dependable. Not one repair of anything in three years. You cannot find better value.

Great except for Brakes and seats
By Toyota in Tucson on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I'm a Realtor and drive constantly. Between 25-30K a year. Love the car except I've had to replace the brakes about every 10,000 miles. I've talked with 3 brake stores and all say that is a problem on this year and model. Something to do with the brake caliper not releasing all the way and constantly rubbing. I just take it back every few months for my new pads (under lifetime warranty) new calipers to fix it are around $1,000. Seats for sure and uncomfortable. Terrible adjustments. Other than the brakes I run this car in the ground and it just keeps going.

Camry Review
By Emmy on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

We leased this car in 1998, had to return it to the dealer in 2001, then bought it back in 2002 because we missed it so much.