1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Very Happy with My Second Camry
By Toyota Woman on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have never had a single problem with either of my Camry's, and the ride and interior are so comfortable and capable. I'm always astonished when I see someone buy an unreliable car in the same class, and then having to deal with break downs. Stupid is a stupid does! My first Camry is over at 130,000 miles with not even the slightest problem, and I'm going to drive it to 250!

1999 Camry LE
By tdd on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I had previously owned a '91 Camry, so I convinced my wife, and dedicated American car company customer, to drive a '99 when she needed another car. She was hooked in about 30 seconds. We spent an afternoon driving '99 Camry's, and she wouldn't even consider another car after that. We had driven such cars as the Saturn L series and Pontiac GrandAm. She was set on one of them, but after driving the Camry, they weren't even a consideration! We even drove the Nissan Maxima and the Honda Accord, and she strongly preferred the Camry.

Typical Toyota
By KC Boy on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Typical Toyota- not incredibly exciting, but well built and cheap to maintain. This is our 2nd Toyota and we plan on a 3rd (lease ending soon). I can't imagine buying another American make after the terrific experience we've had with this Toyota.

Dina's Review
By cdina64 on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My Camry has been the best car that I've owned. I really haven't put many miles on my car but enough to know that it's a great car. The only thing that I haven't liked about the Camry is the tires that came on it when I bought it new. The tires need made the car ride rough and caused loud road noise.

I will pass this on to relitives
By iluvmycamry on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love my camry. it is a 99 Xle v6 and i bought it in sept. of 01 and i got a deal on it!.It only had 20000 miles and it it fully loaded with rare options on the camry like automatic climate control and dealer instaled jbl sound for only $ 14,500 and it is still worth more than i bought it fore now almost 1 year and 20,000 miles later.Nothing compares to the smooth power and luxurious ride of the camry...well maybe exept for the lexus es300.So if you are thinking about getting a camry go for it they are great cars but i have heard that the 4 cyl. is dissapointing

Outstanding Quality, Comfort and Value
By Car Quality Fan on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Our 1999 Camry V6 is the best car value we have ever owned, hands down. Fully loaded, it compares closer to the Lexus than, say, the Taurus. The ride is so smooth and the interior layout is so smart. You will not find better comfort, quality and value in a car than the Camry. Our Camry was made in Kentucky. We are very pleased! It is no secret that Consumer Reports has been enthusistically endorsing the Camry for many years. Just go look at CR's quality ratings based on thousands of cars surveyed.

1999 Camry
By Camry on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

A very reliable, dependable, if unexciting auto. Does every thing that is expected..good design.not flashy, but attractive. Never any problems, all that it wants is gas and oil changes. Should keep going for a long time..

BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By CWILEY on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

THE BEST HANDLING CAR IVE EVER OWNED

REVIEW
By steve on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Overrated. Molding and interior is separating from vehicle. 4 cyl is not adequate for a vehicle of this size.

Great car
By KGW on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent family car. With the exception of a weather seal around the window on the drivers door, a couple very minor trim problems all repaired under warrenty and one recall (cruise control) that was repaired while I waited, I have had no problem with this car. Mine is a V6 with a 5 sp. manual (rare) and is a great performer. It is not a true sports sedan ie BMW but it aint bad. My teen age, son bless his heart, reports that it will do 0-60 in the 6 sec. range. After 68000+ miles I still have the orignal brakes. I usually take it to the dealer for service and wait for it and I am back on the road in a little more than an hour. We love it!!!