Used 1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love My 1999 Camry LE!!!
By jx6s

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Buying my Toyota Camry was one of the best investments that I have ever made. I love the gas mileage that it gets. I get 28 mpg on the average driving it everyday to work. On the highway I get 32+. The sound system is awesome!! It has 102,000 on it now and it drives great with no problems. I am faithful with my maintenance schedule. The only thing that I have had to pay out for is a new set of tires and rear struts as the car would sometimes bottom out in the rear with 4 adults in it. It wasn't costly though and one brake light. The car is so quiet and drives smooth. I highly recommend it.

Nice and roomy inside even in the backseats. Has a large trunk size. The gas mileage and stereo system. I love the automatic headlights, I never have to touch them.

I wish the headlights were brighter in regular mode without the brights on.

Fine Car
By Mark

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this car almost three years ago now used. We love it, it is a very good and reliable car, never have any problems at all. Typical Toyota reliability, and preformance, I woudl recommend this car to everyone. If you are able to find one the manuals are great, not as smooth as our other car, a honda, but still shifts well we have 75,000 miles and still orginal clutch.

Nice roomy car glides down the highway, tons of power from the V6.

I would like the manual tranny to shift a bit smoother, and I would like the suspension to be a bit tighter, but my wife likes it the way it is.

135000 miles and still going strong
By Lillann

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This has been one of the most reliable cars we have ever known. We have had Toyotas since 1976 and have found them extremely reliable! Will not buy another brand. This one has been so reliable with only a water pump going out a couple of years ago. Everything keeps working well and the engine seems to be as reliable as when we drove it off the lot new. We are still getting between 28 and 30 mpg on highway which is what we started with. Will drive it until it gives out.

Reliability, reliability, reliability!! Comfortable and I have fun driving it. We live 5 and a half hours from our daughter and I take this trip quite often. Also, we live close to the Gulf and I enjoy just getting out and riding.

Very Reliable Car
By Tim

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago. It had about 10,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I have driven this car over 100,000 miles and it still runs like new car. I had to replace the exhaust pipe once and had some repair done on the shockers which cost me about 600 dollars.

Roomy interior, runs smoothly, very reliable

Make the exterior more stylish.

A little Disappointed
By Blossom

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Camry. I got almost 300K on my previous model before I had any major problems at all. The transmission had trouble. Unfortunately this one is not fairing as well. The vehicle is well maintained and serviced, but at 188,000 I've had to replace transmission seals, gaskets,and there is an engine oil leak the continues to come back and now the power steering rack is leaking. It's starting to get very sluggish, too. I would still purchase another Camry, but this one has been disappointing.

Reliability. Despite the problems, it has never let me down or stranded me.

Better Transmission and more horsepower in the 4-cylinder models