1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
great car
By annabella on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

we bought a 1999 used toyota camry in 2000. this was the best car we have ever had. the fuel economy is excellent. the comfort is incredible. the reliability is phenomenal. i would recommend a toyota vehicle to anyone. we only buy honda or toyota as a rule of thumb, but if it's just up to me, i would buy toyota exclusively.

the best
By miguel on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

if you don't have enough money to buy a lexus es300, don't worry just buy this camry and it will do the same job for a lot less cash.

Decent Car!!!!
By marvito on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Hey, I have a camry and it's weird because not many people my age have these kinds of cars. I don't know why but I think these camry's are terrific. The only thing is that the damn insurance will cost more than the entire car...... thats sucks.

Camry Review
By chilkat on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

This car has experienced zero problems. All that has been needed since day 1 is routine maintenance.

99 anderson analysis
By robert e anderson on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this vechicle after my mother passed away.I HAVE BEEN TO savannah, Charleston to visit my daughter and grandchridren the car handled and performed excellent, got alot of turned heads as we passed other drivers. Been to toronto and the car dove and performed excellent. the car maintained through the dealer, has brand new michelen tires oil changed every 3000 miles to keep performance up.

1999 camry
By toonervilletrolly on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My Toyota Camry impresses me as I have owned many vehicles in my 72 years. This car is probably the best of those I have owned. I am very pleased with the reliablity and comfort of the Car.

Good, But have had better for Less
By Richardr on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Good vehicle, Toyota quality, overpriced in my opinion. Seat's not very comfortable, and power window kept breaking. Overall, I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone that want's reliable transportation. Not exciting but reliable.

Excellent - Best Car I have Ever Owned
By BarbarianJ on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Very impressed with quality, reliability - however in the comfort area - the front seats (drivers and passenger seats - comfort needs to be improved - too stiff. Other than that - love everything else about the car. Best and most reliable car I've owned. Still have the original brakes at 60,000 miles. Had to change tires at 35,000.

Hawaii '99 Camry
By Francis on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

What I don't like is the left foot block on the floor. It causes my left leg cramps, and does not allow me to stretch out, especially on long drives. I removed it, and there is a stud on the floor, but, it is easier to live with. Otherwise, it runs like a champ, drives very well, and feels good.

1999 Camry LE V6
By rod81 on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have had my '99 Camry for almost 3 1/2 years now & have almost 35,000 miles on it. I have never had any problems with my Camry & I am extremely satisfied. There are many mid-size family cars out there, but only few meet the high level of reliability that Toyota has put into this car. The only car that i like as much as this car is the Honda Accord. On the other hand, one thing that lacks with the Camry its engine. The engine could use more horsepower & umph. Also the quality of the components is not as good as its strongest competitor, the Honda Accord. But overall, I would definitely suggest the Camry as one of the best cars on the road.