1999 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 14

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

1999 Camry Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
good car driving
By juan r.

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

the toyota camry is aquite fun driving car with over all good handling.

the only car more comfortable..LEXAS
By philip mid

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

i bought a used car with 39,000 miles [big mistake].it hadnt been serviced at all.did several repair 1500$ worth.but with 75k miles it still drives great.very reliable though not graet on up and go performance.i HATE it when everybody [maxima,honda v6,and other competing cars ]always leave me behind when the lights turn green.needs more power for the up and go driving.alot of people complaining with hurry up gestures.'hey 'i wouldnt mind if i was on the road by myself.

Favorite Features

everything.smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

need more acceleration power.redisign the 2003.i was going to trade my 99 for 2003 v6 but TOTALY changed my mind

Number one used car on the market.
By Omega

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

No flaws. This is a perfect used car. Large, elegant, Reliable, comfy. The only thing is the power. It has no pickup. (4-cyl)

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design. Reliability, resale value. Overall quality, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Power. The 4 cyl Camry needs more power

Don't buy a 1999 Camery
By Suckered by toyota

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a certified used 1999 Camery XLS 6 months ago. So far I've had to replace the brakes, fuel injectors, and a value spring. This car has been in the shop 6 times trying to get theses problems fix. After $1,800 in repairs I'm going to try and get rid of this car.

great car
By annabella

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

we bought a 1999 used toyota camry in 2000. this was the best car we have ever had. the fuel economy is excellent. the comfort is incredible. the reliability is phenomenal. i would recommend a toyota vehicle to anyone. we only buy honda or toyota as a rule of thumb, but if it's just up to me, i would buy toyota exclusively.

Favorite Features

my favorite features in my camry are the extras, like the sunroof, cd, etc. the best thing, however, is the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

the only suggestion i can think of is that the dealers need to be less expensive on their mechanic rates.

the best
By miguel

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

if you don't have enough money to buy a lexus es300, don't worry just buy this camry and it will do the same job for a lot less cash.

Favorite Features

what can i say? it is a toyota camry

Suggested Improvements

the 2003 has it

Decent Car!!!!
By marvito

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Hey, I have a camry and it's weird because not many people my age have these kinds of cars. I don't know why but I think these camry's are terrific. The only thing is that the damn insurance will cost more than the entire car...... thats sucks.

Favorite Features

The best feature is the sound. I'm a music maniac and mine has six speakers and they rock like crazy.. no need for a system in this car. Also one of my other favorite item in the car is the huge trunk. I can keep all my stuff in there.

Suggested Improvements

Well I really think that the makers should have put at least fifteen inch tires on these cars but there only fourteen!!! :-( hey you can always put some 17 inches on them. Also for the trunk they should've put a net cause its huge and things wobble around in there.

Camry Review
By chilkat

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

This car has experienced zero problems. All that has been needed since day 1 is routine maintenance.

99 anderson analysis
By robert e anderson

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this vechicle after my mother passed away.I HAVE BEEN TO savannah, Charleston to visit my daughter and grandchridren the car handled and performed excellent, got alot of turned heads as we passed other drivers. Been to toronto and the car dove and performed excellent. the car maintained through the dealer, has brand new michelen tires oil changed every 3000 miles to keep performance up.

Favorite Features

the dash board everythimg is in reach stero cd good reception makes turns easy

Suggested Improvements

better view of vehicles passing on left blind spots, can pull out without seeing passing vechicle.

1999 camry
By toonervilletrolly

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My Toyota Camry impresses me as I have owned many vehicles in my 72 years. This car is probably the best of those I have owned. I am very pleased with the reliablity and comfort of the Car.