Used 1999 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota never again
By H.K. VALLEY STREAM

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

One month after purchase the check engine light went on and after 7.5 years and 24 dealer visits it still lights up. Two different toyota dealers gave up trying to fix it. The electrical system has also been a problem. Wires in power door failed and so did the wireing harnes in the trunk, and so did the electric motor in rear door go bad. The digital clock in the dash died after one year. Never, never wil i buy toyota again.

Attractive car, smooth cushion ride but steering too light.

Love My Camry!
By Sue of California

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this Camry in late 2002. It had only 15,000 miles, & leather seats & a power driver's seat. Nearly 4 years later, it's my favorite car ever. Although my 16-year old daughter gets teased by her friends that it's a "mom's car", I repeat over & over: "It's reliable, gets 30 mpg, it's easy & fun to drive & the (leather) seats are comfortable." I've only done regular oil changes & put a new battery in it. It now has 64,650 miles & I've put just 7,300 on it this the last year, but will drive it even more as I am a new "mystery shopper". It's my 2nd Camry & hasn't disappointed me once.

Gas economy, dependable, leather seats, power driver's seat with lumbar support, huge trunk, inside trunk release, inside gas tank door release.

Low clearance over speed bumps.

Love My 1999 Camry LE!!!
By jx6s

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Buying my Toyota Camry was one of the best investments that I have ever made. I love the gas mileage that it gets. I get 28 mpg on the average driving it everyday to work. On the highway I get 32+. The sound system is awesome!! It has 102,000 on it now and it drives great with no problems. I am faithful with my maintenance schedule. The only thing that I have had to pay out for is a new set of tires and rear struts as the car would sometimes bottom out in the rear with 4 adults in it. It wasn't costly though and one brake light. The car is so quiet and drives smooth. I highly recommend it.

Nice and roomy inside even in the backseats. Has a large trunk size. The gas mileage and stereo system. I love the automatic headlights, I never have to touch them.

I wish the headlights were brighter in regular mode without the brights on.

Fine Car
By Mark

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this car almost three years ago now used. We love it, it is a very good and reliable car, never have any problems at all. Typical Toyota reliability, and preformance, I woudl recommend this car to everyone. If you are able to find one the manuals are great, not as smooth as our other car, a honda, but still shifts well we have 75,000 miles and still orginal clutch.

Nice roomy car glides down the highway, tons of power from the V6.

I would like the manual tranny to shift a bit smoother, and I would like the suspension to be a bit tighter, but my wife likes it the way it is.

135000 miles and still going strong
By Lillann

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This has been one of the most reliable cars we have ever known. We have had Toyotas since 1976 and have found them extremely reliable! Will not buy another brand. This one has been so reliable with only a water pump going out a couple of years ago. Everything keeps working well and the engine seems to be as reliable as when we drove it off the lot new. We are still getting between 28 and 30 mpg on highway which is what we started with. Will drive it until it gives out.

Reliability, reliability, reliability!! Comfortable and I have fun driving it. We live 5 and a half hours from our daughter and I take this trip quite often. Also, we live close to the Gulf and I enjoy just getting out and riding.