1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
99 Camry
By Petreasa on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I owned a 1992 Camry prior to my 1999 Camry. I can't imagine ever owning anything other than a Toyota, probably a Camry. Toyotas are the most dependable, trouble-free cars I have ever owned.

No Repairs after 98,000 Miles
By Permanent Customer on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in August of 1999 with 39 miles on it at 19 years of age. I haven't had any problems with my car at all. I've only had to get the oil changed when supposed to, change the brakes, get a new set of tires, and change the brake lights in the back.

Smooth Riding Beauty
By AmJosh on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I was looking for an Impala, but as soon as I saw this camry, I was bought. It has everything that I wanted, like sunroof, alloy wheels smooth ride and a knock out punch form the V6 and a very good music system with cassette and cd. Realiability and ride quality are unbeatable as for any Toyota. Although handling is not quite stiff, but its very much accurate and more than sufficient for turning with 10 to 20 above speed limit on freeway exit ramps. I love this car.

Good Reliable Car
By The-Body on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This can be a fun car to drive if you get the V6 in a 5-speed. Has plently of power and gets the job done. I've put almost 60k milies on the car since 1999 and its 2003 now and no problems at all.

Bland, and almost great
By Vinman2u on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Had it since new. Style, compared to the new camry or older Accords is too plain. Engine/Trans doing fine at 87000, but Struts have been making strange noises since 25K, and brakes are always squeaking. Interior plastic is warping, but cloth is fine.

Boring but good
By HuskyMD on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

The camry has been a good car--once we got rid of those General tires that slid into corners and replaced them with some Yokohama Aegis touring tires. My main complaint is the low gas mileage (average around 24) and the paint job. The paint is coming off the front grill and the front bumper. It is flaking off all over the place. Not the quality I expected from Toyota. Mechanically I haven't had many problems. The wiper motors seem to have gotten messed up by an ice storm though.

good car driving
By juan r. on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

the toyota camry is aquite fun driving car with over all good handling.

Number one used car on the market.
By Omega on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

No flaws. This is a perfect used car. Large, elegant, Reliable, comfy. The only thing is the power. It has no pickup. (4-cyl)

the only car more comfortable..LEXAS
By philip mid on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

i bought a used car with 39,000 miles [big mistake].it hadnt been serviced at all.did several repair 1500$ worth.but with 75k miles it still drives great.very reliable though not graet on up and go performance.i HATE it when everybody [maxima,honda v6,and other competing cars ]always leave me behind when the lights turn green.needs more power for the up and go driving.alot of people complaining with hurry up gestures.'hey 'i wouldnt mind if i was on the road by myself.

Don't buy a 1999 Camery
By Suckered by toyota on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a certified used 1999 Camery XLS 6 months ago. So far I've had to replace the brakes, fuel injectors, and a value spring. This car has been in the shop 6 times trying to get theses problems fix. After $1,800 in repairs I'm going to try and get rid of this car.