1999 Toyota Camry Sedan 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good reliable car
By davecooper928 on 01/26/15 18:59 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 Camry about 5 years ago that had 160,000 miles, hoping to get a couple of years out of it. It now has 330,000 miles and still going strong, very very reliable, starts every time, I do nothing to it except regular oil changes. Only thing wrong with it is that when it rains then freezes you cant get the doors open, so the door handle broke off. Minor thing overall. The engine and transmission work well and just a reliable, if plain car. Would recommend it to anyone.

I love my camry!
By jasonjb on 07/30/14 06:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I drove a 1991 Toyota pickup from 2005 to ~2011; after that I was given my grandmother's 1999 Toyota Camry. At the time it only had around 43k miles on the odometer. Since then I've put around 30k on the odometer; driving to and from work/school in Connecticut as well as driving from South Carolina to CT and back 5 times. It still runs great; the engine air filter is miraculously still clean and in good shape despite being 3 years old. The only problem I've been having lately is the motors for both the front driver and passenger windows dying...although that's likely due to age. All in all, it's a great car and I bet mine will last for years to come.