1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Boring & wonderful
By 1999camry on 02/19/12 08:54 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I stumbled upon my 1999 v6 American Edition Camry in early 2007 with 88k. Previous to that I had never considered a Toyota, but the deal was right. Since then I have put 110k of my own miles on it. It has seen me through college, marriage and the birth of our two kids. Since day one, I have considered it the most boring-looking car I have ever set eyes on, and my wife refers to me as "grandpa" when I'm in it. Looks notwithstanding, I LOVE my Camry. The v6 is enough to keep driving interesting and the reliability can't be beat. The mph is acceptable: I get 26 mpg no matter what I do. Highway, city, petal to the floor, or with my wife and kids in the car: 26 mpg.

Overall a great car
By robertmang on 07/10/11 11:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car back in '06 when I was still in high school, with about 89,000 miles on it. 5 years later and it has 185,000 with no signs of stopping. There have been a couple repairs I have had to do including a costly sensor replacement at the dealership which ran about $1,300. That was back in '09. Then earlier this year, the car wouldn't start and I needed to buy a new air compressor at about $300...All in all a reliable vehicle that has not needed any other major services. The V6 has plenty of power for everyday driving (which here in SW Florida can be both fast-paced and aggravating) and I don't see any reason why this car won't make it to 200k and beyond.

Excellent runner
By silvansilvan on 03/29/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I have 197,000 and it is still going strong. I had to have the EGR valve replaced and other than that, it has been great.

My Pal
By besidesea on 12/10/10 15:41 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car in 2002 it had 35,000 mile --I added a rear spoiler and wow! What a dream of a car!! It has style,comfort,great ride and super options. I clean and maintain it regularly--it gets rave compliments by service mechanics and strangers on the street. One mechanic said that it will last forever! I trust the vehicle to take me anywhere and I always admire its handsome style. It makes me a very proud owner as I constantly "check it out" when passing store windows!! My motto,"take good care of your car and your car will take good care of you!!"

1999 Toyotat Camry, Great Car!
By Lilnuke on 06/15/08 22:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I have owned the car since it was new in 1998. It has been the most dependable car that I have ever owned. It has never broken down and left me stranded, ever. I make sure the car receives its regular maintenance and replace the belts and tires as needed. The ergonomics of the interior are great with all controls easy to reach. With the V6, I can still manage to get 30 MPG on the highway. All around a great car.

Camry
By jrmulch on 10/27/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Quiet, comfortable, reliable, good on long trips for driver and passengers. Interior items such as sun shade mirrors, tape player have been problematic. Power roof extremely reliable concerning leaks, operation, etc. Gas mileage in town not good but acceptable. The best large car I have ever owned.

Like my Camry
By John on 09/28/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

Never a single problem.

Good Car
By thebelltolls on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is a fine car for most everyday commuting and long distance travel. Have had no problems with it since we bought it new. Had a small problem at first with the speedometer lens developing a crazing. Gas mileage could be better in city driving. Handles very well in snow and ABS is great in icy conditions. Console layout is not the best and would prefer a column shift. Roomy though.

Don't buy a 1999 Camery
By Suckered by toyota on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a certified used 1999 Camery XLS 6 months ago. So far I've had to replace the brakes, fuel injectors, and a value spring. This car has been in the shop 6 times trying to get theses problems fix. After $1,800 in repairs I'm going to try and get rid of this car.

I will pass this on to relitives
By iluvmycamry on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love my camry. it is a 99 Xle v6 and i bought it in sept. of 01 and i got a deal on it!.It only had 20000 miles and it it fully loaded with rare options on the camry like automatic climate control and dealer instaled jbl sound for only $ 14,500 and it is still worth more than i bought it fore now almost 1 year and 20,000 miles later.Nothing compares to the smooth power and luxurious ride of the camry...well maybe exept for the lexus es300.So if you are thinking about getting a camry go for it they are great cars but i have heard that the 4 cyl. is dissapointing