1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
MY 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
By addan495 on 10/12/11 22:16 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

i buy my 1999 Toyota Camry 3 years ago and i have not fix anything yet and it drive like the first day (I only change oil and head light and filter only) my car has over 2006037 Millage I would said buy it Toyota Camry not ford or chevy (i would not but any other car)

Awesome Car
By S on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 99 Camry has 285,000 miles on it. Nothing has been done to it except regular maintenance like the timing belt and oil change. It still has the original motor and engine. I'm looking for other cars in case this one just break down but so far I've haven't had any problems! I had this care since 99 and I LOVE it. The speakers are great and nothing is more reliable. Toyota needs to go back to making cars like they did in 1999!

Nothing But Quality
By Jake Benn on 06/24/10 13:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car with 10,000 on it back in 2003 and then put 212,000 miles on it. We took care of the basics and it still runs exactly like new maybe better. I got it and put some performance parts on (cold air intake, racing plugs, new struts etc.) This car has never let either of us down and if the odometer did not say it had 218,000 miles on it, no one driving it or riding in it would think any thing else but it was a new car.

Lies, lies and more lies
By Todd on 06/10/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, 1st had to replace engine due to oil sludge problem. 65k on new engine and its sludging up again. 3.0 Toyota engine is worse than an old jag V6 and is part of a settled class action lawsuit (to late for me though), terrible fuel mileage, boring styling, coma inducing character. Only thing it does well is blow really cold air. Toyota's PR people should win an academy award or run for congress with the acting and lies to consumers about Toyota build quality.

Awesome Car
By Angelica on 12/30/09 00:13 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car! I waited a year before I decided to post a review, because I wanted to be sure my opinion was reliable. For one, this car has never given me ANY problems except for having to get a new battery about a month after I purchased it...which was mostly the dealership's fault for having an old recharged one in the car. The only thing I've replaced is the tires...never stalls, idles and drives smoother than my mother's 2005 Saturn ....I love this car and when I am ready to trade it in, it will definitely be for another Camry!

Still running strong despite ME!
By Portly Pete on 07/01/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed this car. Nice blend of qualities rather than strong in one area. Performs great, looks fine, comfortable. The V6 has enough power to be fun but it can't beat a Ferrari! Well, I did once probably because my friends and I just scared the dude! LOL!

Very reliable car
By Dasha on 04/01/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1999. It was new. Since then I just once changed brakes and two times the battery, of course tires. That's it! I love my car. I'll give it to my daughter when she gets her driver license in October and feel she's in a good "hands".

Awesome car!
By Abby on 01/30/09 13:11 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my Camry. It is very reliable and comfortable. I bought it used with 70k on it and it's been going with no problems since. I now have 175k with zero problems.

315,000 mi and still going strong
By Nicholas on 08/04/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 276k miles on it two years ago, and it has not failed me yet with nearly 315k on it. All I've had to replace (aside from normal things like brake pads and oil changes) is the alternator belt. The six speaker stereo sounds great and can produce low bass and high treble. The quality of the materials used is unsurpassed, all the dash and trim still fits with no creaking or popping out of place. The v6 engine is smooth as butter, so quiet it's hard to hear it running. The exterior is a little bland but is also conservative and clean.

First Toyota I have owned
By Joyce on 11/28/06 22:08 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is a wonderful piece of machinery. The handling in marvelous, along with the comfort. Many people see the car, and think it is new. I have nothing negative to say about this car.