1999 Toyota Camry 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

LE V6 Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I am the original owner
By Rob Aeron on 02/19/15 07:15 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Camry V6 manual transmission brand new and enjoyed very much the car. Good performance, reliability, and gas miles. Last year, I changed the clutch. With 102K original miles, I am doing minor body work, new alloy rims, replacing wood trim in dashboard and installing a trunk spoiler. I am planning to keep my car unless someone gives me an offer that I can't refuse.

Second Camry
By arizonaboy on 01/02/15 12:31 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I loved my 1988 Camry - cried when it got totaled out at 387K miles. Bought a 1999 Toyota Camry 6cyl - 5 speed (never owned an automatic). Love this car! It now has 266K miles on it - just regular maintenance - brakes/batteries (Arizona weather kills batteries), and tires. Had the timing belt changed every 75K. The car drives great, runs smooth, and I've never had a problem. Drove it from Phoenix to LA at 85 mph - no issues, drove from Phoenix to Vegas - no issues. Would drive this car across country! It may be a little sun faded, but still looks great and drives fantastic. I know a stick isn't for everyone, but I love it.

MY 1999 TOYOTA CAMRY
By addan495 on 10/12/11 22:16 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

i buy my 1999 Toyota Camry 3 years ago and i have not fix anything yet and it drive like the first day (I only change oil and head light and filter only) my car has over 2006037 Millage I would said buy it Toyota Camry not ford or chevy (i would not but any other car)

Awesome Car
By S on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 99 Camry has 285,000 miles on it. Nothing has been done to it except regular maintenance like the timing belt and oil change. It still has the original motor and engine. I'm looking for other cars in case this one just break down but so far I've haven't had any problems! I had this care since 99 and I LOVE it. The speakers are great and nothing is more reliable. Toyota needs to go back to making cars like they did in 1999!

Nothing But Quality
By Jake Benn on 06/24/10 13:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car with 10,000 on it back in 2003 and then put 212,000 miles on it. We took care of the basics and it still runs exactly like new maybe better. I got it and put some performance parts on (cold air intake, racing plugs, new struts etc.) This car has never let either of us down and if the odometer did not say it had 218,000 miles on it, no one driving it or riding in it would think any thing else but it was a new car.

Lies, lies and more lies
By Todd on 06/10/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, 1st had to replace engine due to oil sludge problem. 65k on new engine and its sludging up again. 3.0 Toyota engine is worse than an old jag V6 and is part of a settled class action lawsuit (to late for me though), terrible fuel mileage, boring styling, coma inducing character. Only thing it does well is blow really cold air. Toyota's PR people should win an academy award or run for congress with the acting and lies to consumers about Toyota build quality.

Awesome Car
By Angelica on 12/30/09 00:13 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car! I waited a year before I decided to post a review, because I wanted to be sure my opinion was reliable. For one, this car has never given me ANY problems except for having to get a new battery about a month after I purchased it...which was mostly the dealership's fault for having an old recharged one in the car. The only thing I've replaced is the tires...never stalls, idles and drives smoother than my mother's 2005 Saturn ....I love this car and when I am ready to trade it in, it will definitely be for another Camry!

Still running strong despite ME!
By Portly Pete on 07/01/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed this car. Nice blend of qualities rather than strong in one area. Performs great, looks fine, comfortable. The V6 has enough power to be fun but it can't beat a Ferrari! Well, I did once probably because my friends and I just scared the dude! LOL!

Very reliable car
By Dasha on 04/01/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1999. It was new. Since then I just once changed brakes and two times the battery, of course tires. That's it! I love my car. I'll give it to my daughter when she gets her driver license in October and feel she's in a good "hands".

Awesome car!
By Abby on 01/30/09 13:11 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my Camry. It is very reliable and comfortable. I bought it used with 70k on it and it's been going with no problems since. I now have 175k with zero problems.