Used 1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

1999 Camry V6 Auto - keeps running
By tnt12

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

similar to my 1995 Avalon, my Camry has 225k now. Still running strong.

Had 2 1999 Manual V6 Camrys.
By Oleg Dyachuk

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought one with 170k, sold it with 199k, bought another with 192k, sold it with 219k miles. THESE HAVE A HORRIBLE RESALE VALUE, I did not make any money on either of them, probably because not many people want a camry that is manual. But it has great power, 0-60 was 7.4 seconds for me on my first one, my second one was a bit slower because it felt beat on. Topped out the first one at 131 mph but blew a whole in the exhaust doing that lol. Both of mine had 1 common problem, the rear sway bar link bushing go bad and make a horrible clunking sound. Was impossible to change them because the bolts get rusted up and break if you touch them.

Power, manual, extremely reliable.

On my second camry had to replace radiator, full exhaust because of multiple holes, had rust almost everywhere, had to replace 3 wheel bearings, rear caliper locked up, an e-brake link on one side completely broke in half, had engine oil leak from unknown area.

I am the original owner
By Rob Aeron

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Camry V6 manual transmission brand new and enjoyed very much the car. Good performance, reliability, and gas miles. Last year, I changed the clutch. With 102K original miles, I am doing minor body work, new alloy rims, replacing wood trim in dashboard and installing a trunk spoiler. I am planning to keep my car unless someone gives me an offer that I can't refuse.

Good reliable car
By davecooper928

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 Camry about 5 years ago that had 160,000 miles, hoping to get a couple of years out of it. It now has 330,000 miles and still going strong, very very reliable, starts every time, I do nothing to it except regular oil changes. Only thing wrong with it is that when it rains then freezes you cant get the doors open, so the door handle broke off. Minor thing overall. The engine and transmission work well and just a reliable, if plain car. Would recommend it to anyone.

Second Camry
By arizonaboy

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I loved my 1988 Camry - cried when it got totaled out at 387K miles. Bought a 1999 Toyota Camry 6cyl - 5 speed (never owned an automatic). Love this car! It now has 266K miles on it - just regular maintenance - brakes/batteries (Arizona weather kills batteries), and tires. Had the timing belt changed every 75K. The car drives great, runs smooth, and I've never had a problem. Drove it from Phoenix to LA at 85 mph - no issues, drove from Phoenix to Vegas - no issues. Would drive this car across country! It may be a little sun faded, but still looks great and drives fantastic. I know a stick isn't for everyone, but I love it.