Mixed
By colec on
1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan
Got this car as a hand me down from family. While the car has proved to be fairly reliable, I feel like the problems I have experienced with only 138,000 miles are not consistent with the reputation that Toyota builds for itself. Many interior things have broken and have proven costly, the clock alone was several hundred dollars. I also feel like for a '98, and the top Camry model, steering wheel controls and keyless entry should have been available. This is the first car, out of the three that I've had to leave me stranded somewhere, due to it not starting. Other than this car, my family owns all GM and one Ford, and believe it or not, the '98 GM sedan we have has been a better car overall.
Favorite Features
Exterior looks, fuel efficiency, leather interior, sunroof, wheels, generally dependable.
Suggested Improvements
Car lacks features it should have had considering the year, interior quality is not up to standards expected. (Clock, windows, console, window swithes, armrest, ignition, seatbelts, keys, exterior door handle, gas tank door release have all broken). Under-powered compared to our '98 Buick's v6. Leg room for driver is very poor for people over 6'.
By luckydriver
on 07/28/11 20:27 PM (PDT)

My 1998 Camry LE 4 cyl came factory equipped with keyless entry and a Alarm System. The only interior problem that I have encountered is that interior front door covers have seemed to warped (not tight around the window controls, but I bought the car that way.