1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Toyota makes me a happy camper

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Toyota makes me a happy camper
By Dutch on

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry XLE V-6 last November. I bought it as a "certified" used car, which included an thorough inspection and some other extras. I negotiated with the dealer for a new set of tires to be included in the deal although the car only had about 35,000 miles on it. In January I drove it from it Michigan to Key West, Florida and back logging some 3,000 miles. I was pleasantly surprised. I love the stereo, the leather seats and the cruise control was extremely precise. The trunk is much more spacious than meets the eye. I had plenty of room for all my camping gear. Gas mileage was good.

The moonroof, the stereo, and the power drivers seat are the best inside features. Mechanically the smoothness of the automatic transmission and the overall suspension are superb. The engine may not have the most horsepower but it sure beats a four banger.

The body design is sort of ho-hum, although in my humble opinion the spoiler makes a big difference in style appeal.