1998 Toyota Camry 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Toyota at Its Best

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Toyota at Its Best
By manullang11 on

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Parentals first bought this car (used) in 2002, then I started using it for college in '06, until this day. How I've under appreciated this car for so many years. Not till I graduated and started working, that I thought to myself, what does the new car market have to offer that is worth paying $500 a month for payments, for me to pass on this reliable toyota to another owner. We also have an 04 Honda Accord and an 05 Corolla in the family. The cabin build quality and engine smoothness of the Camry is obviously a step up from the corolla. But I think Toyotas have an edge over Hondas in aging. Engine noise seems to be more isolated in the Camry and somehow it feels torquier than the Honda.

Favorite Features

Soft materials for the touch-points of the car (steering wheel, center arm rest, etc). The visibility all around from cars designed in the 1990's (taller windows and lower door seals proportion). The sound insulation in the cabin and smoothness of the engine other Camry owners can attest to. There's a reason they have been so popular to buyers for all these years. Wished the Camry size stays the same though; it seems to grow more and more these days.

Suggested Improvements

Better heating (maybe just my car; but not really up to snuff for the worst of Chicago winter days).