1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Thanks again toyota!

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Thanks again toyota!
By atoyot on

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 177,000 miles on it for $2600. I was concerned I didn't get the best deal i could have, but after just a few weeks of ownership, i know this car will last until the 300k mark with minimal maint. The first 18 gal tank of gas provided me with 460 miles of driving pleasure, upon refuel, i found out I still had 3 gals. left in the tank. that's 25mpg combined, probably closer to 28 mpg had I finished the tank off. that is very respectable my my standards, as I'm a truck person. the is quite a bit of road noise but nothing the stereo doesn't drown out. i plan on flushing the trans, and putting high-mileage synthetic fluids in from here on out, hope to keep it as long as can.

cruise control! I'm a man of simple pleasures so i don't need much more than that.

factory map lights for the driver and passenger, I'm sure this is fixed for the 2011 model year, but still, even my 1995 Tacoma has map lights. drivers seat is uncomfortable for long trips, but really, which car isn't uncomfortable after 300 miles w/out stopping?