1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Skeptical, but impressed!

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Skeptical, but impressed!
By j.halloffame on

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 9/09 to replace my dying 91 Accord with 232k miles. The only reasons I got it was because its a well priced one owner car with 90k miles. I wasn't even considering a Camry in my entire car search. 7/10 and 25k miles later this car is still going STRONG. Only thing I've done is my oil changes and replaced the tires. Car performs adequate, has enough storage space, and is INCREDIBLY reliable, but it is a Toyota. I plan to keep it for years to come and get it to the same mileage as my Accord had, unless I find a cheap Lexus IS 300 to buy. ;)

26 average gas mileage city/highway, and i've got a heavy foot so that could be higher for someone else. Interior comfort. Great factory stereo. Holds the road at 80+mph with ease, and with very little road noise. Great turning radius. The white color is more of a pearl white then egg shell white.

Passenger seat belt doesn't retract automatically, I have to feed it in. Gas petal sticks every few times and requires excess pressure to get the petal down. Just annoying, doesn't affect the drive. Other than that, no problems!