1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Outstanding all-around family

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Outstanding all-around family sedan
By hercdrvr on

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Outstanding all around car. Unless you really need an SUV, the sedans are an even better value than ever. Seems everybody wants an SUV - hell, even I WANT one - they are very nice. I'm just not willing to spend 30-40K and get 15-18mpg in the process. Not to mention the cost of tires and increased insurance. Great safety features - mine has front side airbag option. Ratings for crash are top-notch. Comfort - awesome. Power - I have 4 banger so I expect a little less but it is surprisingly nimble.

Lock/unlock all doors from drivers door key. Cruise control is very precise. ergonomics overall are the best I have ever had in any car. There are no controls that seem to get in the way ever.

Exterior styling was a little bland for this year model but the new models look a little sportier. Many say the camry is like too many other cars on the road. Personally, if someone is judging me by the car I drive, I don't want to know them anyway.