Miss My Camry :(
By 2.2 Camry LE Sedan on
1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
This was my second car; first was a 91 Civic LE. After it died suddenly, I had 2 days to buy a new car. I needed something really reliable so I looked at Camrys. I had the car a little over a year when someone pulled out in front of me and i totaled it. When I bought the car it had 85k and it had 93k when I lost it. This car was amazing. I had intended on keeping it until I ran it into the ground, which I figured would be around 250-300k. Car had 1 owner b/f me. I took meticulous care of it. It was an amazing car. W/ snow tires, it safely took me over Snoq. Pass (WA) in the snow several times, and around snowy Sea and Spo. This is one of best cars out there, better than brand new Am sedans.
Favorite Features
excellent options: fog lights CD Gold Trim Spoiler moonroof moonroof bug/wind shield Toyota VIP etc. RELIABILITY!!! Great resale value got $8k ins $ for total in 06/09 Low maintenance Great power while easy on gas Great in snow/ice even on hills Easy oil change I'm 20yr F & could've done myself.
Suggested Improvements
stronger cam seals. Besides reg maint, had to replace cam seals behind the engine to fix a MINOR oil leak at 91k,stepdad complained about the 2drops/mo it left on our asphalt & since it was due for it's 90k, had those replaced too, even though it wasn't really necessary