Like a Rock
By GW on
1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
After 109,000 miles, our Camry has lived up to the stereotypical reputation - a flawlessly reliable car. Basically, nothing has ever gone wrong. Well, the interior dome light didn't work when I first picked up the car - and I was too lazy to bring it back - so 7.5 years later it still doesn't work - my fault! The engine has developed a slight rattling sound, nothing to complain about, and understandable at 109K. The car still looks great, paint is still sharp. OK, one other thing, the rear seat drinkholder is flimsy and my kids broke it off pretty easily. Bottom line: Best $18,350 I have ever spent. What a great car - a no-brainer.
Favorite Features
Solid feel. Big trunk. Very large comfortable back seat. Big glove compartment. Convenient large center console storage. A/C cools car very quickly. Peppy, for a 4-cyl engine. Smooth cruise control.
Suggested Improvements
I've sort of "outgrown" my Camry luxury-wise. My key upgrades for my next car will be leather seats, keyless entry, dual climate zones and rear climate controls, better radio (the Camry's audio seems to come only from the front), auto seat controls.