1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: As close to perfect as you get

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

As close to perfect as you get
By Darin on

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my 98 Camry for 4 years now. It still runs smooth, gets decent mileage, and drives nicely. The only things I have had to fix are the front shocks, a activated charcoal fuel filter (fluke), and I had a problem with starting it the only time I filled up with premium fuel. Go figure. Other than that it runs flawlessly, even with 115k on the odometer.

Sounds system routinely impresses other people who think it must be aftermarket. It's not. Four speakers sound like 6 and the bass is great. The gas mileage usually hovers around an average of 26 mpg and up to 32 on highway trips. It's also quiet and smooth to drive. Great cupholders.

More comfortable seats, larger radio controls, better brakes, leather steering wheel and shifter cover, an engine that heats up faster on cold morning. My brother's Honda seems to heat up way faster somehow. I'm nit-picking now. There really isn't much to improve on.