Used 1998 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car
By Vlad

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car in August 2001 and they gave it to me in August 2006. Great car and great reliability. Drove it back and forth 350 miles each way every weekend for two months between mid April and mid June. The only thing that needed to be replaced was the rear strut.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas mileage, plenty of legroom (I am 6'3), drives great, comfortable ride, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Bumps are noticable even with the replaced struts, higher suspension.

Gotta love my Camry
By V. Arnold

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry used 6 years ago. I drive a lot of city miles. It is great. I have driven newer models of the Camry over the past few years, and they do not compare. I am not looking forward to giving up my 1998 model. It has been a God sent blessing in this fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, factory sound system.

Suggested Improvements

I have had a few issues with the wear and tear on some of the interior features that have not held up, despite my meticulous care.

Camry LE
By Jsansone

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car, it runs great and have minor repairs to it. I got this car with 100,338 miles on it with one other owner and the baby is still kicking! its a great car, a huge advancement from my 2002 dodge neon. It is a very, very, very smooth ride and the engine is very quiet, sometimes when I am at a red light I have to check my RPM just to make sure my engine is still running.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, smooth ride, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior could look a little better, but over all good looking.

As close to perfect as you get
By Darin

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my 98 Camry for 4 years now. It still runs smooth, gets decent mileage, and drives nicely. The only things I have had to fix are the front shocks, a activated charcoal fuel filter (fluke), and I had a problem with starting it the only time I filled up with premium fuel. Go figure. Other than that it runs flawlessly, even with 115k on the odometer.

Favorite Features

Sounds system routinely impresses other people who think it must be aftermarket. It's not. Four speakers sound like 6 and the bass is great. The gas mileage usually hovers around an average of 26 mpg and up to 32 on highway trips. It's also quiet and smooth to drive. Great cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, larger radio controls, better brakes, leather steering wheel and shifter cover, an engine that heats up faster on cold morning. My brother's Honda seems to heat up way faster somehow. I'm nit-picking now. There really isn't much to improve on.

Glad to be back in a Camry!!
By jolene

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 98k miles without any doubts after owning a 95 camry, then going to a Chevy. I have not had a minutes problem with it. I am so glad to be back in a Camry!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, styling, dependability, fuel economy... everything!

Suggested Improvements

None - continue to build an awesome car!!