Used 1998 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Still good
By Raja

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 10 days back with 110k on the odometer. I was reluctant since it is already 11 years old but surprised to see it runs great! The noise is very less when compared to other cars. Mileage is excellent. I think it gives around 25 per gallon still on city roads.

Favorite Features

Spacious interiors.

Suggested Improvements

Could have a little raise in the driver's seat I believe.

Totally Awesome
By Martin

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

227,000 miles. Never dreamed I would be driving a car with this many miles, but now I am. I have had a Corolla, Vibe (Matrix), and now this Camry and love them all. I bought it last November and planned to drive it as a beater until I could afford to get something else, but i love it too much to get rid of it. Highly recommend this car to anyone who needs room, quality, and good gas mileage. Keep up the good work, Toyota!! I am one of your greatest fans.

Favorite Features

All the creature comforts, just wish mine had sunroof.

Lots of power
By carol

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1998 Toyota XLE 6 in November 1997. I have driven several other vehicles and this one has the pick up, and the motor is very quiet. It's been a excellent car.

Favorite Features

The sun/moon roof and leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Should have more cup holders in the back seat.

Old Reliable
By Old Reliable

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Thank goodness for reliable transportation. Bought in 2000 with 36000 miles. Only mechanical issues were some exhaust/catalytic converter problems. (NOT CHEAP TO FIX-1000 miles over Toyota extended warranty-which Toyota has admitted as manufacturing problem, but will not pay for). I've owned 4 cars in the past 30 years, 3 of them a toyota. They're definitely boring, but reliable. The interior is cheap, and having 77000 miles on a ten year old car, it should look better than it does. Trim has been fading and falling off since 2000. Power window issues, release for gas cap has been broken for 9 years.

Favorite Features

Moonroof - large trunk - abs system.

Suggested Improvements

Needs quality trim. This "wood" look trim actually looks like the faded, peeling plastic that it is. Gas cap release.

Happy with Camry
By sammie

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have been very pleased with this car. Highway mileage is 35-37 mpg; city about 25. Have needed very few repairs that were not covered by warranty. They found a few problems I was not aware of while the car was on warranty. Other than those, I've only needed regular maintenance. I do have a rattle in front right wheel well, but no one has found a problem. Front seat could be a little higher. Some wear on inside door. Other than that, it's a great car.