Used 1998 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Value-ablility
By bman

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Just at 173K and this car has been as reliable as could be. Other than actual scheduled maintenance, we have little or no "other" stuff to do to this car. I wish I would have put leather into the car. I did put a XM radio and upgrade the music system at 130K and it's well worth it. My 18 y/o son wants this car and we think it could go another 100K or better.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, handling, quiet, dependability, comfort both front and back, large trunk and great visibility. Fuel economy on hwy is btwn 33 and 34 and around town even during the worst of times is 24. Does what it is supposed to do. Big buy!!

Suggested Improvements

make it sexier ('07 did that)

Love my old Camry
By Ellen

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have been looking for a new car for almost a year now, and can't justify getting rid of my 1998 camry. I really love it. I know with all the miles I have on it, I will need to do something. Major thing was cat- converter and that was just recently. The V6 is quiet and drives great. Mileage is fine. Never though I would keep this car for 12 years and not want to get rid of it after 12 years.

Favorite Features

After-market remote starter trunk and seats that fold down, V6 engine.

Love it!
By Emmy

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this about 4 weeks ago and I can honestly say that I am so lucky to have gotten this for my first car. The ride is super smooth and the seats are very comfortable. I love that you can raise the seat up higher if you need to. For an 11 year old car, it still runs and looks brand new. The paint isn't faded at all. My only complaint is that the air conditioner makes a whistling noise on the higher settings... it's strange. Gets cold fast though, which is all that matters. The stereo sounds great too; I got a cassette adapter for my ipod, and it works perfectly.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, smooth ride, exterior look, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

AMAZING!
By PFranks

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I am about to purchase a new car and am worried that the newer one will not be able to compare to the reliability of my Camry. The only complaint I have is that the paint has began to fade. Other than that, I have 170000 miles on it and have never had a mechanical problem. It will be a sad day when I pass my car onto another lucky owner.

Favorite Features

Reliable. Sun roof is a huge plus.

Awesome car
By sd6519

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

This car has 112000 miles and has never failed me once. I recently got a new water pump and timing belt, but that's just regular maintenance for an 11 yr old car. If you want reliability, buy one of these bad boys.

Favorite Features

reliability, sunroof, leather

Suggested Improvements

nothing I can think of