Used 1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

220K miles and still going
By vdave

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

220k miles and still going....amazing car. Only thing I have done is regular maintenance. Want to buy a new car but cannot justify it given that this one is in such a great condition.

Reliability.

None.

Top Notch
By Susie

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Vehicle was inherited from a family member in 2005 with about 35,000 miles on it then. It has performed extremely well and have put another 36500 on since then. The Camry is used mostly for driving within a 45 mile radius but has been driven on several 4000 mile trips over the last couple of years. It is not garaged since it is a third car, but the finish still looks good. Had to replace the catalytic converter a few months ago and the driver's window sometimes has a problem staying on track. Interior is flawless. Other than that nothing but normal maintenance.

Gas mileage 26 city 34 hwy, large trunk, comfortable to drive.

Nada.

High School Car
By Monkeywrencher

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

As a college student I find this to be a perfect car. I have had this car for several years and have only had minor issues with it. One complaint is the windows! Back passenger side window will not roll up or down..currently held in place with clear duct tape. Drivers window will not roll up unless you wait 5 min to gain 1 inch of window. Other than that I have never had any engine problems and love my car! So much better than my old Chevy Blazer 1994!

Color, Rising Seats (I'm short), Sun roof, V6, High HWY and City miles, large trunk size.

Better parts for the windows, clear coat on trunk peeling off fast!

Value-ablility
By bman

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Just at 173K and this car has been as reliable as could be. Other than actual scheduled maintenance, we have little or no "other" stuff to do to this car. I wish I would have put leather into the car. I did put a XM radio and upgrade the music system at 130K and it's well worth it. My 18 y/o son wants this car and we think it could go another 100K or better.

Sun roof, handling, quiet, dependability, comfort both front and back, large trunk and great visibility. Fuel economy on hwy is btwn 33 and 34 and around town even during the worst of times is 24. Does what it is supposed to do. Big buy!!

make it sexier ('07 did that)

Love my old Camry
By Ellen

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have been looking for a new car for almost a year now, and can't justify getting rid of my 1998 camry. I really love it. I know with all the miles I have on it, I will need to do something. Major thing was cat- converter and that was just recently. The V6 is quiet and drives great. Mileage is fine. Never though I would keep this car for 12 years and not want to get rid of it after 12 years.

After-market remote starter trunk and seats that fold down, V6 engine.

• SUV