Used 1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best car I've ever owned
By loco local

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and now have 134,000 miles on it. I have not had a minutes trouble with it. I have had oil changes at 3000 mi. and do take care of it. It still has the original exhaust system and I replaced the battery last winter for the first time because I thought I was pushing my luck. I keep thinking I should replace it, but it's like owning a "free" car.

Powerlocks, smooth driving, reliability. 30 miles to the gallon.

Toyota has cheapened quality over the years, the interior of car and truck is not very good. The seat belts don't retract most of the time, so get slammed in the door

ready for a new one
By needanewone

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I LOVED my Camry when I bought it, but now I HATE it. The drivers side door handle has broken off twice, the drivers window does not like to roll up once it goes down, and the clear coat has chipped off of the hood. The only good thing about this car which I guess is the part that matters the most is that I have not had any mechanical issues. I have only had to do scheduled maintenance work. With 220,000 miles, I guess I can't complain too much about that.

sunroof

better quality door handles, bigger trunk

220K miles and still going
By vdave

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

220k miles and still going....amazing car. Only thing I have done is regular maintenance. Want to buy a new car but cannot justify it given that this one is in such a great condition.

Reliability.

None.

Top Notch
By Susie

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Vehicle was inherited from a family member in 2005 with about 35,000 miles on it then. It has performed extremely well and have put another 36500 on since then. The Camry is used mostly for driving within a 45 mile radius but has been driven on several 4000 mile trips over the last couple of years. It is not garaged since it is a third car, but the finish still looks good. Had to replace the catalytic converter a few months ago and the driver's window sometimes has a problem staying on track. Interior is flawless. Other than that nothing but normal maintenance.

Gas mileage 26 city 34 hwy, large trunk, comfortable to drive.

Nada.

High School Car
By Monkeywrencher

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

As a college student I find this to be a perfect car. I have had this car for several years and have only had minor issues with it. One complaint is the windows! Back passenger side window will not roll up or down..currently held in place with clear duct tape. Drivers window will not roll up unless you wait 5 min to gain 1 inch of window. Other than that I have never had any engine problems and love my car! So much better than my old Chevy Blazer 1994!

Color, Rising Seats (I'm short), Sun roof, V6, High HWY and City miles, large trunk size.

Better parts for the windows, clear coat on trunk peeling off fast!