1998 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 5

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great car
By Vlad on 06/28/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car in August 2001 and they gave it to me in August 2006. Great car and great reliability. Drove it back and forth 350 miles each way every weekend for two months between mid April and mid June. The only thing that needed to be replaced was the rear strut.

Gotta love my Camry
By V. Arnold on 05/14/07 07:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry used 6 years ago. I drive a lot of city miles. It is great. I have driven newer models of the Camry over the past few years, and they do not compare. I am not looking forward to giving up my 1998 model. It has been a God sent blessing in this fuel economy.

Camry LE
By Jsansone on 04/16/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car, it runs great and have minor repairs to it. I got this car with 100,338 miles on it with one other owner and the baby is still kicking! its a great car, a huge advancement from my 2002 dodge neon. It is a very, very, very smooth ride and the engine is very quiet, sometimes when I am at a red light I have to check my RPM just to make sure my engine is still running.

As close to perfect as you get
By Darin on 02/09/07 08:19 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my 98 Camry for 4 years now. It still runs smooth, gets decent mileage, and drives nicely. The only things I have had to fix are the front shocks, a activated charcoal fuel filter (fluke), and I had a problem with starting it the only time I filled up with premium fuel. Go figure. Other than that it runs flawlessly, even with 115k on the odometer.

Glad to be back in a Camry!!
By jolene on 12/20/06 10:30 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 98k miles without any doubts after owning a 95 camry, then going to a Chevy. I have not had a minutes problem with it. I am so glad to be back in a Camry!!

My fav auto
By shoemasterz on 12/19/06 18:46 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Great family car, large trunk comes in handy for those long road trips, reliable, handles well in poor weather.

OK
By Jeff on 10/25/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

1st time buyer of a Toyota, bought one because of (so called) reliability. I know I have over 100,000 miles on it now, but I bought this to replaced a Chevy with 160,000 miles on it and have sunk more money into this than I ever did in my Chevy. Look out when you reach 100,000 miles. I had to replace water pump (leaking), power steering pump (leaking), rear struts, tie rod ends, rear cam seal (leaking) and now I have noticed another leak on my garage floor and dealer tells me it is the front cam seal and they have to pull engine (very expensive). Rides rough and rattles. Feels like you are in a go cart it sits so low. Repairs are higher than domestic cars. My wife wants us to trade it in.

98 LE 4cyl
By Arthur on 10/10/06 00:53 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Great Car other than regular maintenance no issues with it. Its clear that the people who rated this car so low DOESNT actually own one, and are just plain full of it. How could so many other people not have problems .

236,000 Miles and Counting
By John on 09/26/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry CE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and added a trailer hitch for towing. I'm using a 5,000 mile oil change schedule and change the air filter regularly. It has 236,000 miles on it and runs like it did when it was new. I have no idea how long I should expect to wait before I can get a new car! It still has the original clutch, even with me pulling a trailer now and then. I have replaced one tie rod that had a little play in it, and an oxygen sensor. Currently the check engine light is on so an oxygen sensor is probably out again.

overall great car
By AAC on 09/09/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Have put over 120000 miles. Starter replaced at 90000 other than that only maintenance items have been done very reliable. Still very quiet and comfortable, interior still nice except where the power window switches on both fornt door panels are seperating. Although not as nice in style, its a way better car than our same year (98) Honda Accord that required several repairs, next time sticking with Toyota.