Used 1998 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice, reliable car
By lynn321

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 9 years and did not have ANY problems with it until it was 12 years old. The car has been extremely reliable and I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation. The only things that has gone wrong with this car during the 9 years that I have owned it was a power steering leak, a problem with the air conditioning and 2 broken rear seat belts. The car drives like it did when new even though it is now 13 years old.

reliability of engine descent gas mileage exterior styling soft suspension

better interior build quality more durable paint

WOOOOOOO
By jacob357

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Overall it is a great car if you upgrade it a little also don't run it into a mercury like my freind ashton did to his jeep

um....stuff My Kicker 12's

it needs more power, torque, more stylish interior

Best Car Ever
By Mark

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I am one of those people that grows tired of cars after 2 years, but this one is a keeper. Bought it with 79K and now have 124K. The car looks, drives and sounds like new at 12 years old. The V-6 is one of the greatest engines ever in terms of performance and reliability. Weak points are wheels, which corrode with road salt and thin, easy-dent body panels. The best of nearly one dozen cars I've owned.

V-6 reliability, highway gas mileage, overall refinement.

Thanks again toyota!
By atoyot

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 177,000 miles on it for $2600. I was concerned I didn't get the best deal i could have, but after just a few weeks of ownership, i know this car will last until the 300k mark with minimal maint. The first 18 gal tank of gas provided me with 460 miles of driving pleasure, upon refuel, i found out I still had 3 gals. left in the tank. that's 25mpg combined, probably closer to 28 mpg had I finished the tank off. that is very respectable my my standards, as I'm a truck person. the is quite a bit of road noise but nothing the stereo doesn't drown out. i plan on flushing the trans, and putting high-mileage synthetic fluids in from here on out, hope to keep it as long as can.

cruise control! I'm a man of simple pleasures so i don't need much more than that.

factory map lights for the driver and passenger, I'm sure this is fixed for the 2011 model year, but still, even my 1995 Tacoma has map lights. drivers seat is uncomfortable for long trips, but really, which car isn't uncomfortable after 300 miles w/out stopping?

Skeptical, but impressed!
By j.halloffame

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 9/09 to replace my dying 91 Accord with 232k miles. The only reasons I got it was because its a well priced one owner car with 90k miles. I wasn't even considering a Camry in my entire car search. 7/10 and 25k miles later this car is still going STRONG. Only thing I've done is my oil changes and replaced the tires. Car performs adequate, has enough storage space, and is INCREDIBLY reliable, but it is a Toyota. I plan to keep it for years to come and get it to the same mileage as my Accord had, unless I find a cheap Lexus IS 300 to buy. ;)

26 average gas mileage city/highway, and i've got a heavy foot so that could be higher for someone else. Interior comfort. Great factory stereo. Holds the road at 80+mph with ease, and with very little road noise. Great turning radius. The white color is more of a pearl white then egg shell white.

Passenger seat belt doesn't retract automatically, I have to feed it in. Gas petal sticks every few times and requires excess pressure to get the petal down. Just annoying, doesn't affect the drive. Other than that, no problems!

• SUV