1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
My Camry - Now 4 years old
By AliArman on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is such a great car. It's like anld dependable friend who comes thru every time. The suspension is a little soft and there's a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the interior but I have driven many other cars and no one comes close to Camry.

Charcoal canister & sensor
By parmiller on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

At 17000 miles had to replace charcoal canister at cost of $400. Dealer said we were overfilling the fuel tank. This week at 21000 same problem, engine dash light comes on. Now they say we need an air sensor for $261 plus labor.Cause was stated as using Mobil gas, should use Sunoco. $800 in repair bills for fuel related problems. This is rediculus.

Toyota Camry LE
By jazz on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

The Camry is by far the best car I have ever owned. It handles like a dream, and it has plenty of get up and go, especially for a 4 cylinder engine. It is very comfortable to ride in on long trips. All of the controls are easy to get at. It gets good gas mileage and is visually a beautiful automobile. It is also known for it's reliability. What more could a person ask for in a car. I test drove many cars before deciding on the Toyota and I think I'm hooked.