1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Toyota makes me a happy camper
By Dutch on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry XLE V-6 last November. I bought it as a "certified" used car, which included an thorough inspection and some other extras. I negotiated with the dealer for a new set of tires to be included in the deal although the car only had about 35,000 miles on it. In January I drove it from it Michigan to Key West, Florida and back logging some 3,000 miles. I was pleasantly surprised. I love the stereo, the leather seats and the cruise control was extremely precise. The trunk is much more spacious than meets the eye. I had plenty of room for all my camping gear. Gas mileage was good.

Flawless after 4 years
By gello on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

We have now logged 82000 miles on our Camry. It still drives as smooth as the day driven off the dealrship lot ( maybe even better after replacing original tires with Michelins). Still on original set of brakes. This is a great family sedan with plenty of room for 5 adults. Huge trunk! This car is a testament to Toyota's commitment to building quality vehicles that will run forever. Toyota has earned my business for many years to come.

XLE V6
By andrew on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

The Camry XLE V6 is very comfortable and reliable. It has a good performance.

XLE V6
By Andrew on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

The Camry XLE V6 is very comfortable and reliable. It has a good performance.

BEST CAR I HAVE OWNED YET
By justusgirlzz on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is a dream compared to other cars i have owned and operated. The 4 cylinder engine in my Camry blows away the V6 I had in my Ford Taurus. The car handles the road and turns very well, has a very smooth ride. The built-in CD player is great and the sound system very nice. I have driven the car for 35,000 miles so far and besides having had the oil changed every 5,000 miles and replacing the brakes, no problems at all. I believe I am hooked on the Camrys for life. Next time, I may try out the V6 Camry, not that it is even necessary, because my 4 cylinder kicks the butt of most V6's out there anyway. But more power is never a bad thing.

Good but not Perfect.
By stEEvE on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

It's alright. Its pretty powerful with the 2.2 engine and all but it could definately use more horsepower than 133. Its a family sedan but it still could be fun to drive. It doesnt accelerate too fast but its a smooth ride. I'd recomend this car to a Family man who wants to set a nice example to his children but has fun with the car when the wife and kids arent around. Overall I'm satisfied with it for what it is.

Nothing less the outstanding
By artiefishill on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I've owned ONLY Camry's since 1992. My 1990 still runs, little rusty, 141k, but runs like a champ, reliable car. My 1998, which this review is about is the same. 46k on it. Just bought a new 2002 5speed. Camry's have proven to be very dependable, good value for your money. Out of all three, only non- normal maint I ever did was replace steering column in the '90 at about 110k, and the power window in the 98 had track problems that have since be corrected. Other then that, never a worry.

A Legend in it's own class
By vj on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

What I am about to share with anyone is truly a feat on it's own.I own a 1998 Toyota Camry LE (4 cylinder) and I currently have about 246,000 miles on it.This is not a typo, but I do actually have more than 246,000 miles on the car.

Will buy no other
By joe z on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is without a doubt the best auto I have ever owned. No problems since I purchased it and still have the same original brakes on it even tho consumer reports that it was the problem with this year. I'm an old hot rod man and let me tell you this think also has sum guts from a light.

impressed
By foxstar on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Since I bought this car brand new, I have put 105,000 miles on it. Other than routine maintance, I haven't had one single problem with it. Hey, I'm even on my original set of brakes.