Used 1998 Toyota Camry CE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

236,000 Miles and Counting
By John

1998 Toyota Camry Sedan CE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and added a trailer hitch for towing. I'm using a 5,000 mile oil change schedule and change the air filter regularly. It has 236,000 miles on it and runs like it did when it was new. I have no idea how long I should expect to wait before I can get a new car! It still has the original clutch, even with me pulling a trailer now and then. I have replaced one tie rod that had a little play in it, and an oxygen sensor. Currently the check engine light is on so an oxygen sensor is probably out again.

My favorite feature is without a doubt, reliability! The 5-speed is nice and gives it plenty of get-up-and-go for a smaller engine. I get 27 MPG driving 75- 80 mph. The platinum plugs are good for well over 100,000 miles. 120,000 miles on the present set.

The antilock brake sensor wires are delicate and prone to damage when the struts are replaced. The oxygen sensors don't last long enough and there is some noise in the front suspension. The paint on the hood seems overly prone to chips... or am I just following to closely??